Hello stampers! Today we are sharing some projects using the Wineglass Bay Photo Stamp. This stamp is such a beautiful image and the stamped detail is amazing. First we have some cards by Anna-Karin Evaldsson:
For my first card, I stamped Wineglass Bay on glossy cardstock with Jet Black Archival Ink. I find that the combination of glossy cardstock and Archival Ink gives the very best detail when it comes to photo stamps. The scene was coloured with Distress Inks, using a Colorbox Stylus Tool to apply the ink. You can use another type of ink applicator too, but I like the control I get with the Stylus Tool. For a colouring tutorial, check out this post of mine, where I show how to colour photo stamps with six different mediums.
Highlights were added with a white gel pen. White pigment ink was dry-brushed on the scene, to create foam in the water and a little bit of mist in the hills. For the background, I stamped the Corrugated Iron background with Orange Blossom Archival ink and layered everything on a Core'dinations cardstock base.
For the second card, I stamped the Wineglass Bay Photo Stamp with Jet Black Archival Ink on the smooth side of Ranger's new watercolour paper. The scene was watercoloured with Distress Inks - smear the ink on your craft sheet, mist once with water and pick up with a paint brush. Again, I used the Corrugated Iron Background, but this time stamped it with Archival Aquamarine. The sentiments come from Venetian Vol. 1 Rubber Stamp Set.
Surfaces:Core'dinations Tim Holtz Colour-Core cardstock; Ranger: Watercolor Paper, Glossy Cardstock
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black, Aquamarine, Orange Blossom; Ranger Distress Ink: Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Gathered Twigs, Peeled Paint, Black Soot, Ranger Adirondack dye ink: Aqua, Stream, Willow; Colorbox: Frost White
Next we have a journal cover by Teresa Abajo:
The stamp is a beautifully detailed landscape image that looks fantastic with a just little dash of colour. I coloured the image with Distress Markers and a waterbrush for a watercolour look. Once it was dry, I gave it a little spray with Goosebumps texture spray - it looks like it has been splashed with water.
I then added a piece of mica, which I stamped with French Script with brown ink. It helped to add an aged, vintage look:
On the right hand side, I added a couple of words from the Wilderness Wordstrip and the compass from the Wilderness Vol 2 stamp set under a glass pebble. Then it was a matter of adding ephemera, hessian and gauze before stitching it to a scrap of denim and adhering it to the front of the journal: