1. Fold a Buffalo Kraft Natural Brown A5 card in half. Fold the top in half again. Crop 3cm from the side and discard. This piece now forms the easel card base.
2. Cut a piece of smooth white cardstock 10cm x 11cm. Cut another piece 5cm x 11cm. Using Ranger Tree Branch Archival Ink, stamp both of these pieces with the Cheetah Background Stamp. Distress the edges of both pieces and ink with Tim Holtz Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. Add the larger piece to the base of the easel card and the smaller piece to the folded over top section of the easel card.
3. Stamp the cheetah from the Wild Africa Vol. 2 set onto smooth white cardstock using Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink. Apply some colour to the image using Lyra Aquacolour Crayons and a wet paint brush. Dry with a heat gun. Fussy cut the stamped image. Apply Brushed Corduroy ink to the grass area of the stamped image using an ink blending tool.
4. Cut a piece of blank Filmstrip or add a strip of hessian or ribbon. Add this to the folded over top section of the easel card. Add the cheetah on top of this. Glue on a strip of Tim Holtz Linen Ribbon.
5. Stamp the quote and the paw prints from the Wild Africa Vol. 2 set onto scrap white cardstock using the Jet Black ink. Stamp a love heart from the Hearts Stamp Set using the black ink also. Using Tree Branch Archival Ink, stamp the filmstrip from the Photography Stamp Set. Fussy cut all images and add to the card front. Use 3D foam under some pieces to really make them pop.
1. Fold a Buffalo Kraft Natural Brown A5 card in half to form the card base.
2. Cut a piece of smooth white cardstock to 10cm x 14cm. Using Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink, apply the Tribal Background Stamp to this piece. Distress the edges. Ink with Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink.
3. Cut another piece of white cardstock measuring 9cm x 13cm. Using the jet black ink, apply the lion from the Wild Africa Vol. 2 set to this piece. Onto a heat resistant craft sheet, add 1 drop each of Tim Holtz Distress Ink Re-inkers in Antique Linen and Scattered Straw. Spritz with a little water before dragging the lion stamped piece through it. Dry off with a heat gun. Flick a little water over the top with your fingertips. Dry again with the heat gun. Blot any excess water away with paper towel. Add some more re-inker to the craft sheet including some Frayed Burlap. Using a wet paintbrush add a little more colour to the lion image. Dry again with the heat gun. Distress the edges of this piece and ink with Antique Linen. Stick down on the Tribal Background piece.
4. Stamp some of the Tribal Background Stamp onto scrap white cardstock using the Jet Black ink. Cut out three strips of pattern. Chop up and add some strips to the card front.
5. Stamp the quote and add to the card front using 3D foam.
Darkroom Door Wild Africa Vol. 2 Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Photography Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Hearts Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Cheetah Background Stamp
Darkroom Door Tribal Background Stamp
Darkroom Door Filmstrips Blank
Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black, Tree Branch
Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Antique Linen, Black Soot, Brushed Corduroy
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Re-inkers: Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Scattered Straw
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Wild Africa Vol 2 Cards