Hi there! We have lots of great cards to share with you today using the VW Beetle Photo Stamp!
Our first card was created by Teresa Abajo:
1. Stamp the VW Beetle Photo Stamp using Archival Jet Black ink.
2. Stamp the script from the Champs Elysee Stamp set in blue ink, and the cancellation stamp from the Correspondence set in red ink over the image.
3. Spray the image with Distress Spray Stain Antique Linen and allow to dry. Layer this onto some patterned paper from the inside of an envelope, then onto a kraft card.
4. Finish the card off with some twine and a word from the Everyday Life stamp set.
Here are two cards by Belinda Spencer:
1. Apply the Brushed Stars Background Stamp to a piece of smooth white cardstock cut to size using Jet Black Ranger Archival Ink. Use an ink blending tool to apply Hickory Smoke Tim Holtz Distress Ink around the edges. Stick down on a kraft cardstock base.
2. Stamp the VW Beetle stamp onto another piece of smooth white cardstock cut to size using the Jet Black ink. Apply Fossilized Amber and Hickory Smoke inks to the background. Layer on top of a piece of yellow cardstock cut to size. Stick down on the card front.
3. Stamp the VW again on another piece of white cardstock using the Jet Black ink. Squish the Fossilized Amber ink onto an acrylic stamping block, add a little water and paint on the VW Beetle image using a soft, wet paintbrush.
4. Create a racing stripe using white cardstock and add stripes to it using textas. Stick down on the VW. Apply the Bingo Numbers to a scrap of white cardstock using the Jet Black ink. Choose a number, cut out and add on top of the racing stripe on the VW.
For this next card, Belinda has created an open hood for the front of the car:
1. Apply Jet Black Ranger Archival Ink to the VW Beetle stamp and stamp on a piece of smooth white cardstock cut to size. Squish Hickory Smoke, Lucky Clover and Peacock Feathers Tim Holtz Distress Inks onto an acrylic stamping block or heat resistant craft sheet. Add some water to each colour and apply a wash of colour to the stamped image using a soft, wet paintbrush. Allow to dry.
2. Stamp the VW Beetle again on smooth white cardstock using Hero Arts Neon Purple ink. Squish Wilted Violet Distress Ink onto the clean acrylic block and paint this colour onto the purple stamped VW. Allow to dry or dry with a heat gun. Cut the bonnet/boot open with a craft knife so that it can be lifted. Fussy cut this VW and glue down on top of the first image making sure that the bonnet can still be opened. Create some racing stripes for the bonnet from white cardstock and add to the VW.
3. Stamp the VW for a third time using the Jet Black ink. Fussy cut the bumper, headlights and windscreen/roof section. Glue down on top of the purple bug.
4. Stamp the number plate of the bug again using the Neon Purple ink. Fussy cut and glue onto the bumper.
5. Use the Neon Purple ink to stamp the 'hi' from the Simply Circles Rubber Stamp Set on the white cardstock. Cut out and stick down under the bonnet.
6. Apply the Woodgrain Background Stamp to another piece of smooth white cardstock cut to size using Watering Can Archival Ink. Use an ink blending tool to apply Hickory Smoke Distress Ink around the edges. Stick down on top of a kraft cardstock card base. Add the VW Beetle image on top.
7. Using Aquamarine Archival Ink, stamp the 'Hello' from the Brushed Sentiments Rubber Stamp Set on to a scrap of smooth white cardstock. Fussy cut and stick down on the card front.
Godelieve Tijskens created these next cards:
1. This is a 1 layer card, using thick watercolor paper
2. Stamp the VW Beetle Photo Stamp onto the folded watercolor paper, using Archival Ink Jet Black
3. Using a stamping block as a palette, watercolor the image with Distress Inks
4. Choose a large stamp from the Happy Birthday set, and stamp with black ink
1. The VW Beetle stamp was inked with Distress Ink Iced Spruce and stamped onto mixed media paper
2. Neocolor II crayons were used to watercolor the image.
3. To get more intense colors I used colored pencils here and there.
4. To add texture I stamped the French Script Texture stamp, using Archival Ink Watering Can
5. The VW Beetle and words were stamped with Colorbox pigment ink Frost White onto black cardstock, and cut out.
6. The pieces were glued onto a green mat, and then onto a white card.
1. Stamp the VW Beetle stamp onto mixed media paper, using Archival Ink Watering Can
2. Colour the image with pencils. Use many layers to get intense colors. I wanted to put this VW Beetle in a lavender field, so I used a lot of purple.
3. Cut the image out, leaving a border
4. I stamped the lavender sprig from the Art de Fleur Vol 1 set on the forground, using Archival Ink Deep Purple.
5. Words from the All Occasions set were used to turn this card into a Father's Day card.
The next card was created by Rachel Greig
1. Spritz White Linen Dylusions Spray onto a non-stick craft sheet. Press French Script Background Stamp into the ink and stamp onto the front of a folded black card. Repeat until you have stamped around all sides. Set aside to dry.
2. Stamp the VW Beetle Photo Stamp onto gloss card using Archival Jet Black ink. Colour the car using Squeezed Lemonade Distress Marker.
3. Sponge around the car using Pumice Stone Distress Ink for the road and Weathered Wood Distress Ink for the sky. Lightly sponge Peeled Paint Distress ink where the green foliage is.
4. Trim around stamped image and mount onto black card. Mount again onto yellow cardstock and lightly tap the Archival Jet Black ink pad onto the yellow card to add extra texture.
5. Adhere stamped panel to the front of the black card using foam adhesive to complete!
Anneke De Clerck
has created 3 projects to share with us. Here is her first card:
1. Apply a layer of turquoise, yellow and pink acrylic paint on top of the corrugated cardboard using a brayer
2. Stamp the VW Beetle Photo Stamp twice with Archival Ink Jet Black on watercolor paper
3. Color the background on the first print with Distress Ink using a water brush
4. Color the car on the second print the same way. Add accents with a silver pen
5. Cut out the car and adhere to the first print with 3D tape
6. Punch two hearts out of scraps of painted paper
7. Stamp text on a scrap of paper and assemble the card as shown
1. Stamp the Polka Dots Background Stamp with Archival Ink Cobalt on a card panel
2. Stamp the VW Beetle Photo Stamp with the same ink on watercolor paper and cut out.
3. Color the car with Distress Ink Twisted Citron using a water brush
4. Stamp a wish on a scrap of painted paper and assemble the card as shown.
1. Apply several colors of acrylic paint to a card panel with a plastic card. Use white paint to make smooth colour transitions
2. Stamp the Eiffel Tower on the background with Archival Ink Jet Black.
3. Draw a horizon with a black fineliner, decorate with white dots using a Sharpie pen
4. Stamp text on the background with Archival Ink Jet Black and StazOn Ink Teal Blue
5. Stamp the car on white paper, add accents with a silver fineliner and cut out
6. Stamp the lady on a scrap of painted paper and cut out
7. Adhere the lady and the car to the card as shown
loved that this stamp can be coloured to give totally different moods to a card – she did this one in hippie style patterns & colours as an ode to the paint job she wished she’d had done to her beetle.
Stamp Darkroom Door VW Beetle Photo Stamp twice onto white cardstock using black Archival ink. Using markers, colour the image that will be the bottom layer. The beetle will only need the edges coloured as another image is to be layered on top. Trim closely. Colour the second beetle, giving it a hippie style pattern and colouring. Think bright, fluoro colours, paisley patterns, sweeping swirls and huge, fat petaled flowers. Try a Google image search if you need inspiration! Trim closely and layer on top of other image using foam tape. Stamp a white card front all over with a paint splat image from the Darkroom Door Paint Splats set – be sure to clean the paint off immediately. Layer beetle image with bright pink at an angle and attach to card front.
Stamp Darkroom Door VW Beetle Photo stamp onto white cardstock using Tuxedo Black Momento ink. Colour the image using Copic markers, the colours used are listed below as a guide. Trim and layer with white, then orange cardstock and mount onto a craft coloured card front. Stamp the word vintage from Darkroom Door Vintage Automobiles set onto a scrap of white card using black ink and trim closely. Punch an oblong shape out of orange cardstock and add the word and two brads. Affix to card front using foam tape.
Darkroom Door VW Beetle Photo Stamp
Darkroom Door Champs Elysee Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Correspondence Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Everyday Life Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Simply Circles Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Brushed Sentiments Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Happy Birthday Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Vintage Automobiles Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Art De Fleur Vol 1 Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door All Occasions Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Woodgrain Background Stamp
Darkroom Door Brushed Stars Background Stamp
Darkroom Door Bingo Numbers Eclectic Stamp
Darkroom Door French Script Texture Stamp
Darkroom Door Classic Motorcycles Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Happy Birthday Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Tour Eiffel Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door 1920's Chic Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Paint Splats Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Vintage Automobiles Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Polka Dots Background Stamp
Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black, Aquamarine, Watering Can, Deep Purple
Distress Ink: Fossilized Amber, Hickory Smoke, Lucky Clover, Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet, Candied Apple, Barn Door, Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn, Tea Dye, Iced Spruce
Distress Spray Stain: Antique Linen
Dylusions Ink Spray: White Linen
Distress Inks: Peeled Paint, Weathered Wood, Pumice Stone, Broken China, Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, Squeezed Lemonade
Distress Marker; Squeezed Lemonade
Archival Ink; Jet Black, Cobalt
Dina Wakley Media Acrylic Paint: Turquoise, Lemon, Magenta, Ruby, Sky, White, Tangerine
Silver & Black Fineliner
StazOn Ink: Teal Blue
Faber Castell Pitt pens – various colours
Acrylic paint in fluoro colours
Memento ink – Tuxedo Black
Copic markers – BG10, BG23, BG32, B00, C1, C3, Y11, YG23, YG25
Cardstock: Kraft A5 Card
Ranger Watercolour Paper
Ranger Mixed Media Paper
Colorbox Pigment Inkpad: Frost White
Neocolors II Crayons
Thanks for stopping by today!