Hi, it’s Belinda Spencer here today to share a couple of vintage VW cards created using the awesome new Arrows Background Stamp. I love the pop of colour against the black and white background of the arrows.
1. Cut a piece of black cardstock measuring 15 x 22cm. Fold in half to form the card base.
2. Cut a piece of smooth white cardstock measuring 10.5 x 14.5cm. Using Jet Black Archival Ink, apply the Arrows Background to this piece. Dry the ink with a heat gun and then colour some of the arrow parts using a neon yellow coloured pencil. Stick this piece down on the card base.
3. Apply a couple of paint splats from the Paint Splats Rubber Stamp Set with Neon Yellow Ink on the right hand side of the background. On a separate piece of white cardstock, apply a stamp from the Watery Washes Rubber Stamp Set with the Neon Yellow Ink. Dry with a heat gun and then fussy cut. Stick down at the bottom of the card front.
4. On an extra piece of smooth white cardstock, stamp the VW Beetle Photo Stamp twice using the Jet Black ink. Dry with a heat gun before applying Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink using a blending tool to one of the Beetles. Fussy cut the inked Beetle as well as the lights and bumper from the extra Beetle. Glue the lights and bumper onto the inked Beetle and add to the card using 3D foam.
5. Stamp the sentiment as well as some stars from the Stars Rubber Stamp Set on the extra white cardstock using the Jet Black ink. Dry with a heat gun before fussy cutting each element. Add all elements to the card front using 3D foam under the sentiment.
Here’s another card I created in the same manner but featuring the VW Kombi.
Darkroom Door Arrows Background Stamp
Darkroom Door VW Beetle Photo Stamp
Darkroom Door Kombi Photo Stamp
Darkroom Door Paint Splats Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Stars Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Brushed Sentiments Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Watery Washes Rubber Stamp Set
Archival Ink: Jet Black, Viridian
Distress Ink: Black Soot, Cracked Pistachio
Hero Arts Neon Ink Pad Neon Yellow
Typo Neon and Watercolour Colour Pencils
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today!
Vintage VW Arrow Cards