The new Darkroom Door Vintage Office set has a variety of vintage office images which are fun to play with.
I created three cards using the new set.
My first card uses a Photobooth - Ladies image and the new Vintage Office stamps:
- Stamp the script stamp using brown water resistant ink on white cardstock. Repeat until background is covered.
- Distress the edges with a distressing tool. Sponge edges using brown dye ink.
- Smear brown dye ink on craft mat / acetate and spritzed with water.
- Take top of container or any circle and rub over inky water.
- Stamp circle onto background. Repeat with smaller sized circles.
- Pick up excess ink and water by dragging stamped background through ink to add water spots.
- Stamp the typewriter and other images using black ink on white cardstock. I typically use Ranger Archival ink or Versafine.
- Cut out images by hand.
- Sponge images with brown dye ink.
- Stamp script onto the Photobooth image using brown ink. Wipe the face to remove the stamping. Sponge brown dye ink around edges.
- Embossed a metal label frame with Stampendous Aged Gold Embossing Enamel and attach to card.
- Insert the Rush and First Class stamped labels into the pocket.
- Attach nibs using staples and add twine knots.
For my next project I continued with the same background and colors but added a splash of blue:
The background was made from the same process on the first card.
- Stamp script using brown ink on white cardstock.
- Stamp rubber stamp images using black ink over stamped background.
- Add color to the image with a watercolor pencil and waterbrush.
- Cut rectangle from stamped background.
- Line up circle punch in center of stamped rectangle and punch half of a circle from the background.
- Distress edges with distressing tool and sponge with brown dye ink.
- Cut card base from white cardstock. Stamp background of the card using script and brown ink.
- Distress edges of card.
- Cut cardstock to fit along top of card. Punch edge of cardstock using border punch. Stamp numbers along edge using the Home Sweet Home set.
- Attach to card top and punch hole and add twine.
- Create mini tag card to fit in pocket.
- Cut cardstock to fit in the pocket.
- Stamp background to coordinate with card.
- Stamp telephone using black ink.
- Stamp No. using black ink.
- Cut top for the mini tag from white cardstock.
- Punch edges with border punch.
- Stamp First class on top edge. Color lines with blue watercolor pencil and waterbrush.
- Stamp nibs and cut out. Sponge with brown dye ink. Attach to card
My last card is clean and graphic with pops of color:
- Stamp the script on white cardstock using Versafine Toffee.
- Stamp the ink and quill in black ink over the gold script.
- Stamp the NR. 2420 using Verasfine Majestic Blue on the right of the ink pot.
- Splatter ink using Dylusions ink spray across the stamped panel and the base card.
- Mask the word block stamp with scrap paper and apply Versafine blue ink to the sentiment. Remove the scrap papers and stamp the sentiment on white cardstock. The sentiment is from the Journey Word Block Stamp.
- Attach black feather over stamped quill. Cut a tiny slit in the top of the ink jar and slide the end of the feather into the jar of ink.
- Pop Dot panel and attach to card base. Pop Dot Sentiment and attach to the card base.
Vintage Office stamp set projects by Suzanne Czosek