Hi, it's Belinda Spencer here today to share my projects featuring the fabulous new Triangles Texture Stamp. I have created both a watercolour effect card as well as a funky art journal stamp with this stamp.
1. Cut a piece of white cardstock 14.5cm x 22cm and fold in half to form the card base.
2. Cut a piece of smooth white cardstock to 10.5cm x 14cm. Apply Distress Inks in Scattered Straw, Twisted Citron and Wild Honey to the stamp. Spritz with water and apply to this piece of cardstock. Ink the edges with the Twisted Citron ink. Stick down on the card base.
3. Cut another piece of white cardstock measuring 9cm x 12cm. Using the same technique as step 2 with the Triangles Texture Stamp, apply the stamp to this piece. Squish the three ink pads onto an acrylic stamping block or heat resistant craft sheet making sure they don't touch (or do one colour at a time). Spritz the ink with water and use a wet paintbrush to flick the colours over the surface of this piece. Dry with a heat gun. Ink the edges with the Twisted Citron ink. Stick down on the card front. Draw a rough border around the edge of this piece using a co-ordinating gel pen.
4. Use these same ink colours on the pineapple stamp from the Tropical Fruit Rubber Stamp Set. Spritz with water and stamp on an extra piece of smooth white cardstock. Dry with a heat gun. Flick the colours over the
surface of the pineapple image as per step 3. Dry again with the heat gun. Add 3D foam to the back of the pineapple.
5. Add some strands of embroidery thread to the front of the card in co-ordinating colours. Add the pineapple on top using the 3D foam to hold the thread in place. Add tiny drops of glue to hold the thread in place where you need to.
6. Apply the Twisted Citron ink to one of the flags on the Bunting Border Stamp. Spritz with water and stamp on a piece of smooth white cardstock. Flick the three inks over the surface. Cut out and add to the pineapple using 3D foam.
7. Stamp the 'Yay!' sentiment from the Brushed Sentiments Rubber Stamp Set using the Wild Honey ink. Fussy cut and add to the flag using 3D foam.
Darkroom Door Triangles Texture Stamp
Darkroom Door Triangles Background Stamp
Darkroom Door Bunting Border Stamp
Darkroom Door Tropical Fruit Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Brushed Sentiments Rubber Stamp Set
Distress Ink: Scattered Straw, Twisted Citron, Wild Honey
Kaisercraft Gel Pen
1. Apply some Dylusions paints of your choice to the art journal page. Here I have used Fresh Lime, Funky Fuschia and Vibrant Turquoise applied with a palette knife.
2. Once the paint is dry, add some heavy white gesso in places using a palette knife also. Don't cover all of the paint though as you want to see some of that lovely colour peeking through. Allow to dry or speed things up with a heat gun.
3. Apply the Triangles Texture Stamp to the page in various places using a neon ink pad such as Hero Arts Neon Ombre Ink. Next apply the stamp again in various places using Jet Black Archival Ink. Allow to dry.
4. Apply the VW Beetle, quote and various stamps from the Simply Circles Stamp Set onto book paper using the Jet Black ink. Add a droplet or two of Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink re-inker to an acrylic stamp block. Add a little water to dilute. Use a soft, wet paintbrush to paint the beetle with this ink as well as highlight the word 'adventure' on the quote (or the key word in whatever quote you use). Dry with a heat gun before tearing around the edges of these pieces. Add to the art journal page using a gel medium or matte medium.
5. Use Distress Crayons to add some colour around the edges of the page. Blend the colours with a wet paintbrush. Dry with a heat gun.
6. Once the page is dry, add a little more gesso with a palette knife to blend the edges of the images and tie everything in together. Apply the 'adventure' word from the Steampunk Rubber Stamp Set using the Jet Black ink over the page. Draw a border around the page using a black journal pen. Highlight some of the stamped triangles by drawing around them with a white pen.
Darkroom Door Triangles Texture Stamp
Darkroom Door Adventure Quote Stamp
Darkroom Door VW Beetle Photo Stamp
Darkroom Door Steampunk Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Simply Circles Rubber Stamp Set
Archival Ink: Jet Black
Dylusions Paint: Fresh Lime, Funky Fuschia, Vibrant Turquoise
Distress Crayons: Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron
Distress Ink Re-inker Cracked Pistachio
White Posca pen
Hero Arts Neon Ombre Ink
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today! I hope you have been inspired by my projects using the Triangles Texture Stamp.
Triangles Texture Stamp Projects