Hi! Today we are sharing cards by Belinda Spencer and Robyn Wood using the new Tree Bark Background Stamp!
Belinda has created the first two cards here:
1. Apply the Tree Bark Background Stamp onto a piece of smooth white cardstock cut to size using Jet Black Ranger Archival Ink.
2. Use an ink blending tool to apply Vintage Photo Tim Holtz Distress Ink to the background in a circular area to create a focal point and frame around the embellishments. Spray with a little coloured mist and allow it to run down the background.
3. Stamp some leaves from the Leaves Rubber Stamp Set onto white cardstock using the Jet Black Ink. Dry with a heat gun. Apply the Vintage Photo ink over the top. Flick with water from your fingers and then dry again with the heat gun. Fussy cut the leaves.
4. Tear an image from the Wilderness Vol 2 Filmstrip and ink the edges with the Vintage Photo Ink.
5. Stamp a sentiment from the Gum Trees Rubber Stamp Set using the Jet Black Ink. Cut out the individual words and ink the edges with Vintage Photo.
6. Next assemble the card. Add a coil of Ink Black Prima Wire Thread allowing it to tumble down the card and staple in place. Layer on the leaves, Filmstrip image and quote. Add the card front to a black cardstock base.
Here is another example of how I used this fabulous background stamp in the same style but with different images and colours.
This stamp is so useful for pairing with a variety of the Darkroom Door stamps such as Wilderness, Trees and the Home Sweet Home stamp sets. These next two cards by Robyn show how it can be used with the Garden Inchies and Trees Rubber Stamps:
Stamp Tree Bark background onto white cardstock using Coffee Archival Ink. Trim to suit card front and layer with dark green card. Select three images from the Garden Inchies stamp set and stamp onto white cardstock using Fern Green Archival Ink. Trim the squares closely. Tie some ribbon around the layered background and attach to card front. Affix Garden Inchie squares so that they are at angles to each other. Raise one with foam tape for extra interest.
Create the background by putting a small amount of Squeezed Lemonade and Tumbled Glass Distress Paint onto a non-stick craft mat. Spritz with water and drag some cardstock through it until you are happy with the marbled colour. Set aside to dry well. Stamp Tree Bark Background onto the marbled background using Fern Green Archival Ink. Trim to suit card front. Add a strip of gauze to the left hand side of the background and layer with some striped ribbon. Attach to card front.