Hi there! It's Rachel Greig here today sharing three cards using the Travel Squares, Seaside Squares and Steampunk Squares Collage Stamps. These stamps are so quick and easy to use, as they can be stamped over coloured backgrounds for a quick card or coloured in for more detailed cards. You could also stamp the image and only use a few of the squares, for instance a strip of 3 squares, or a set of 4 to make a square card. Lots of options!
For these cards, I wanted to show how to create some quick cards using the full stamp.
1. Stamp the French Script Texture Stamp onto a folded kraft card base using Archival Jet Black ink. Stamp several times to cover the edges of the card.
2. Stamp the Travel Squares Collage Stamp onto white gloss cardstock using Archival Jet Black ink and allow to dry.
3. Colour stamped image using light colours of Distress Markers.
4. Adhere stamped image to black cardstock, then onto the front of the card with foam adhesive.
Darkroom Door Travel Squares Collage Stamp
Darkroom Door French Script Texture Stamp
Archival Ink: Jet Black
Distress Markers: Spun Sugar, Squeezed Lemonade, Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters
A5 Kraft Card
1. Create a coloured background using Broken China and Seedless Preserves Distress Inks.
2. Stamp the Seaside Squares Collage Stamp over the background using Archival Cobalt Ink. Distress the edges with a paper distresser.
3. Stamp 'By the sea' from Seaside Vol 1 Rubber Stamp set onto a scrap piece of the background and trim to turn into a banner.
4. Trim a piece of white lace or mesh to fit underneath the banner sentiment and the Seaside Squares stamped image. Adhere the mesh and the sentiment over the image using foam adhesive. Layer the larger piece of mesh underneath the stamped image and adhere to a blue piece of cardstock that is the same size.
5. Adhere entire panel to a folded white card to complete!
Darkroom Door Seaside Squares Collage Stamp
Darkroom Door Seaside Vol 1 Rubber Stamp Set
Distress Inks: Broken China, Seedless Preserves
Archival Ink: Cobalt, Jet Black
A5 White Linen Cardstock
1. Create a background using neutral colours of Alcohol Inks onto white gloss cardstock.
2. Stamp the Steampunk Squares Collage Stamp over the background using Archival Jet Black ink pad and allow to dry. Adhere to black cardstock.
3. Trim Kraft Glassine paper to the same size as the black card front. Crumple the glassine paper to give it lots of creases and texture. This will make the glassine paper slightly smaller in size than the card. Adhere to the front of the card with foam adhesive.
4. Adhere the stamped panel to the front using foam adhesive to finish!
Darkroom Door Steampunk Squares Collage Stamp
Kraft Glassine Paper
I hope you have enjoyed these ideas! These cards are a great way to use up coloured background pieces that you may already have on hand.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Three Collage Squares Cards