Hi, it’s Anneke De Clerck here. Today I have three cards to share that I’ve made with the new Abstract Triangles Background Stamp. I’m a big fan of the Darkroom Door Background Stamps and I’m sure I’ll add this new one to my list of favourites too! It’s a very versatile stamp. I used it for a flower card as well as for Christmas cards.
1. Stamp the Abstract Triangles Background Stamp on a 10 x 15 cm (4 x 6”) watercolour paper panel using Distress Embossing Ink. Heat emboss the print with WOW embossing powder Opaque Bright White.
2.Paint a yellow line as shown with Distress Ink Squeezed Lemonade using a water brush.
3. Colour the surface above the yellow line entirely with Distress Ink Cracked Pistachio. The embossing works as a resist.
4. Stamp the caravan and two small trees on scraps of paper with Archival Ink Jet Black and cut out. Tip: With large stamps (background stamps) and solid stamps (the caravan) I’m always using my MISTI tool nowadays. The MISITI allows me to make as many prints as necessary for a crisp result.
5. Add shading to the windows of the caravan using Distress Ink Cracked Pistachio.
6. Stamp the Abstract Triangles Background Stamp again using Distress Embossing Ink. Heat emboss with WOW embossing powder Metallic Gold Rich. Cut a triangle/tree out of that print.
7. Cut a tree trunk out of white paper. Assemble tree and trunk and decorate the tree with a strip of washi tape . Wrap black hemp cord around the tree, make a bow at the front.
8. Glue the caravan, the tree and small trees to the panel as shown.
9. Stamp a Christmas wish to the bottom left corner.
10. Attach the stamped panel to a white card.
Here another card I created using the same technique.
It took me a while to colour the card bellow but it was definitely worth the effort, I love the effect ☺
1. Stamp the Abstract Triangles Background Stamp on a watercolour paper panel using Distress Embossing Ink. Heat emboss the print with WOW embossing powder Opaque Bright White.
2. Colour the print as shown with different colours of Distress Ink using a small water brush. Leave some of the triangles blank. Tip: embossed prints make colouring within the lines much easier.
3. Trim the print to a 10 x 15 cm (4 x 6”) panel. Put one of the leftover strips aside to use as an embellishment.
4. Stamp one of the Carved Flowers with Distress Embossing Ink, heat emboss with WOW Embossing Powder White Puff Special and cut out.
5. Attach the flower to the card. Put pink scrappers floss and the leftover strip behind the flower.
6. Glue a bead to the flower centre
7. Attach the stamped panel to a white card.
Darkroom Door Abstract Triangles Background Stamp
Darkroom Door Carved Caravans Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Stitched Christmas Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Christmas Reindeer Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Carved Flowers Rubber Stamp Set
Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black
Distress Embossing Ink
Distress Ink: Squeezed Lemonade, Cracked Pistachio, Evergreen Bough, Spun Sugar, Tattered Rose, Twisted Citron, Iced Spruce
Dina Wakley Media: printed paper tape
Crate Paper: Snow and Cocoa Christmas Pom Poms
WOW embossing powders: Opaque Bright White, White Puff Special, Metallic Gold Rich
Thanks for stopping by!