Hello Darkroom Door fans! Belinda Spencer here with you today to share a sweet card set featuring the fabulous new Grevilleas Rubber Stamp Set. These stamps are so gorgeous and absolutely perfect for cards, tags, atcs, art journal pages as well as layout backgrounds. I have created three cards in this set featuring stamping on tea stained sticky back canvas.
1. Cut a piece of kraft cardstock measuring 12.5cm x 18cm. Fold in half to create the card base.
2. Cut a piece of white cardstock measuring 8.5cm x 12cm.
3. Cut a piece of sticky back canvas measuring 8cm x 11.5cm. Make up a strong brew of tea. I used 3 tea bags in about 1½ to 2 cups of boiling water. Let it sit until cold. Dip the sticky back canvas in and remove. Repeat until you are happy with the depth of colour. Set aside to dry completely.
4. Apply a grevillea and leaves from the Grevilleas Rubber Stamp Set onto the sticky back canvas using Jet Black Ranger Archival Ink. Allow the ink to dry. Place the Sunshine Small Stencil on the piece and use an ink blending tool to apply Antique Linen ink to create a sun on the canvas.
5. Use a black journaling pen (be careful to choose one that won’t bleed into the canvas) to draw a freehand border around the edge of the canvas. Stick down on the white cardstock piece from Step 2.
6. Stamp the sentiments on smooth white cardstock using the Jet Black ink. Cut out and add to the card front. Tie a bow using a piece of natural jute. Add this piece to the card base using 3D foam for extra dimension.
Here are two more cards I created in the same style:
Darkroom Door Grevilleas Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Brushed Sentiments Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Happy Birthday Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Birthday Word Block Stamp
Archival Ink Jet Black
Distress Ink Antique Linen
I hope you are feeling inspired to create your own projects using this fabulous stamp set. Don’t forget to share your beautiful creations in the Darkroom Door Inspiration Group on Facebook.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today.