Hi! Belinda here today to share an art journal spread I have created featuring stamps from the awesome NEW Succulents Rubber Stamp Set. I have created a fairly simple art journal page featuring the stunning stamps along with gesso, ink and metallic watercolour paints.
1. Apply Watering Can Archival Ink to the Torn Text Background Stamp and stamp roughly over the art journal pages without using an acrylic block. This allows you to slightly bend the stamp so you get a more random effect with no edges. Allow the ink to dry.
2. Apply a thin coat of gesso over the pages to soften the stamping. Allow to dry.
3. Next apply the various succulent stamps across the pages using the Watering Can ink. For my art journal pages, I used every single stamp in that set and why not when they are so good! Also stamp the love heart circles from the Simply Circles Stamp Set. Allow the ink to dry.
4. Spritz some water over the stamped area and wash some lovely watercolours over the images using a soft wet paintbrush. Dry with a heat gun before adding a little more depth of colour to the leaves. Dry again.
5. Add some quotes to the pages using the same Watering Can ink. Draw some scribbly circles around the love heart circles using a fine white paint pen. Flick some white droplets over the pages using the white paint pen or diluted gesso.
Darkroom Door Succulents Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Gum Trees Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Everyday Life Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Simply Circles Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Alphabet Medley Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Torn Text Background Stamp
Archival Ink Watering Can
Prima Metallic Accents Watercolour Paints
UNI Posca Pen White
Thanks for checking out my art journal pages today using this brilliant new stamp set. I hope you love this stamp set as much as I do.