Hi, it’s Anneke de Clerck here. Today I have a few cards to share that I’ve made with the new Spanish Tiles Background Stamp. Because Christmas is around the corner I decided to create Christmas cards. I’m always challenging myself to get the most out of my stamps. In my opinion many of the Darkroom Door Background Stamps look great on Christmas Cards and the new Spanish Tiles Background Stamp is no exception.
1. Cut 3 panels, size 10 x 15 cm (4 x 6”) out of Distress Specialty Stamping Paper. Stamp the Spanish Tiles Background Stamp on the panels using Chrome Yellow on the first one, Rose Madder on the second one and Ballet Slippers on the third one. In order to end up with crisp prints I would recommend using your MISTI or other stamping platform.
2. Stamp 9 trees on scraps of white paper with one of the large trees from the Christmas Trees stamp set.
I worked with the following inkpads/color combinations:
On the Chrome Yellow background: Archival Ink Cobalt, Chrome Yellow and Tea Rose
On the Rose Madder background: Archival Ink Rose Madder, Tiger Lily and Tea Rose
On the Ballet Slippers background: Lawn Fawn Ink Ballet Slippers, Archival Ink Tiger Lily and Cornflower Blue
3. Fussy cut out each tree. Attach a strip of white paper at the bottom of each tree to create tree trunks.
4. Stamp a wish from the Yuletide Greetings stamp set on top of three of the trees using Archival Ink Jet Black.
5. Adhere the trees to the stamped backgrounds as shown, use 3D tape except for the tree in the middle.
6. Attach the panels to white top fold cards.
1. Stamp the Spanish Tiles Background Stamp on a card panel using Archival Ink Viridian.
2. Stamp a Christmas wish from the Yuletide Greetings stamp set on top of the background using Versamark ink. Sprinkle WOW embossing powder Fuchsia Fusion on top. Tab off the excess powder and heat set with a heat tool.
3. Apply Versamark ink to the edges of the card by tabbing directly with the inkpad to the edges. Heat emboss the edges the same way as described for the text
4. Finish the card off by adhering a few sequins and an embellishment.
5. Attach the panel to a white card.
1. Mask off the bottom of the card with a torn strip of masking paper.
2. Stamp a reindeer from the Christmas Reindeer stamp set using Versamark ink. Heat emboss the print with WOW embossing powder Opaque Bright White.
3. Color the background with Distress Oxide Ink Worn Lipstick using a blending tool. Overstamp with the Spanish Tiles Background Stamp using Distress Ink Ripe Persimmon. Carefully wipe away the ink on the reindeer.
4. Remove the mask at the bottom and stamp a wish from the Yuletide Greetings stamp set with Archival Ink Jet Black directly on the card.
5. Stamp an inchie from the Christmas Inchies stamp set on a scrap of white paper with Archival Ink Jet Black. Cut out and glue in place.
6. Attach the panel to a white top fold card.
Darkroom Door Spanish Tiles Background Stamp
Darkroom Door Yuletide Greetings Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Christmas Trees Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Christmas Reindeer Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Christmas Inchies Rubber Stamp Set
Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black, Rose Madder, Tea Rose, Chrome Yellow, Cobalt, Cornflower Blue, Tiger Lily, Viridian
Lawn Fawn Inkpad: Ballet Slippers
Versamark Embossing Ink
Distress Oxide Inks: Worn Lipstick, Ripe Persimmon
WOW embossing powders: Opaque Bright White, Fuchsia Fusion Regular WH11R
Ranger Distress Specialty Stamping Paper
Thanks for stopping by!
Spanish Tiles Background Cards