Hi there! It’s Rachel Greig here today sharing a series of cards using the new shape stencils! These stencils include the positive and negative shapes for you to create backgrounds and fun designs with ease!
One of the easiest ways to use these stencils is by sponging ink through the shape to create a focal area for your card.
1. Secure a piece of white cardstock to your craft mat using a piece of washi tape. Lay the shaped stencil over the top and secure down with washi tape too.
2. Choose a few colours of Distress Inks in the same shade of colour, ranging from light to dark. Starting with the lights colour, sponge inside the shaped area using an ink blending tool. Cover the entire shape with this colour.
3. Change the foam on your blending tool to the next Distress Ink colour and sponge the ink around the edges, blending it with the first ink colour. Continue to do this with all of the Distress Ink colours you’d like to use, going from the lightest to darkest.
4. Place the Ferns stencil over the shape stencil and sponge through one of the Ferns using the darkest Distress Ink colour in your background. Repeat so you have two ferns stencilled within the shaped area.
5. Lift ff the stencils and it will reveal your stencilled shape!
6. Adhere panel to folded Kraft card and attach a stamped label from the Happy Birthday stamp set.
Here are some more cards and samples using the other shapes:
To see how I have created this effect, you can watch this video:
Darkroom Door Circle Set Stencil
Darkroom Door Oval Set Stencil
Darkroom Door Square Set Stencil
Darkroom Door Rectangle Set Stencil
Darkroom Door Small Ferns Stencil
Mini Distress Inks: Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Carved Pumpkin, Rusty Hinge, Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
Mini Ink Blending Tool
Mini Ink Blending Foam
Thanks for stopping by!
Shape stencil cards