Hi everyone, it's Hilary here today with a great Nautical themed card using the "Sail Away" stamp set. I just adore
this stamp set, the detail alone in the images is just breathtaking, and I'm in absolute love with the sentiment in
this set as well. I hope you enjoy!
To make this card:
1. First cut, score and fold cardstock to measure a standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2, and set aside.
2. Cut another piece of cardstock to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2, arrange pattern papers adhering them to the cardstock. I used 7 Gypsies "Maritime"papers, start first with background blue, then another pattern in light pink, followed by a die cut image of a map. Distress all the sides using Vintage Photo distressing ink. Machine stitch around your edges.
3. Next I stamped the main "sailboat" image from the "Sail Away" stamp set using jet black ink, then carefully cut around the image and lightly distress the edges using Vintage Photo ink. Next stamp the "sentiment" to pattern paper using jet black ink and lightly distress the edges. Stamp "anchor" using jet black ink and cut out carefully, then stamp "compass" in a contrasting blue ink, cutting around the edges and lightly distress as well. Lay all stamped images aside.
4. Using the wave paper from 7 Gypsies, carefully cut out wave pattern.
5. Arrange the stamped sailboat and compass images down in the middle of the card as shown, adhere in place, then adhere the waves paper over the images, aligning it with the bottom.
6. Adhere sentiment to the bottom right, and add a button to the bottom corner.
7. I chose to add a piece of bright blue, sea glass to the left side of the card for both a pop of color and a bit of texture. I used a dab of hot glue to adhere sea glass to card. Then adhere anchor and a small glass corked vial filled with a little sand from the beach, (mine is from the Atlantic Ocean), using a little hot glue as well.
8. Tie nautical rope into a knot, (I chose a double figure 8 for mine, it's a very popular nautical knot) and adhere to the card as shown using a little hot glue.
To give your card a vintage feel, run the edge of your scissors across the edges of the sentiment, curling as you go with your fingers and ink the edges.
To make your card more one-of-a-kind, don't forget to add personal touches, like a small corked top vial filled with beach sand, a bit of sea glass for a burst of color and a small nautical knot tied from cotton cord. This will really elevate it to the next level and it will truly be unique.
Darkroom Door: Sail Away Stamp Set
Pattern papers and map die cut: 7 Gypsies, "Maritime"
Ranger Jet Black & Blue archival ink
Ranger Vintage Photo distressing ink
Small piece of sea glass / beach sand
Small cork topped glass vial, "Maya Road"
I really love this stamp set, it's so versatile and the details are simply amazing. I hope I've inspired you today, thank you so much for stopping by! :)