Hi there! Miss Jane here, today I’m sharing a reflection stamping tutorial using the new small Rectangle Stencil Set with the Nature Walk Stamp Set. Creating this card and getting a perfect reflection was a breeze thanks to the rectangle frame stencil. I also used the inner piece as a stamp to get the reflective image, I loved how sturdy it was to use too!
1. Place the rectangle frame stencil in the top section of white card, sponge Distress Oxide salty ocean ink at the top and Distress Oxide lucky clover ink at the bottom, blending them together in the centre.
2. Dab a wet paintbrush over a few areas in the top portion, let it sit for a few seconds then dab the water off using a clean cloth. This removes the top layer of the sponged ink to create clouds.
3. Remove the rectangle frame stencil and secure it below the sponged area so it slightly overlaps the bottom of the sponged area. Sponge Distress Oxide blueprint sketch ink in the top 1/3rd section then fill in the remaining area using the Distress Oxide salty ocean ink.
4. Dab a wet paintbrush over a few areas in the top portion, let it sit for a few seconds then dab the water off using a clean cloth. Try to match up the areas from the top portion, to give the illusion that the clouds are reflecting on the water.
5. Place the rectangle frame stencil over the top area and stamp the Nature Walk field of flowers at the bottom using Distress Oxide black soot ink, sponge along the bottom with the same ink to fill in any gaps.
6. Position the rectangle frame stencil over the bottom section. Stamp the field of flowers image directly on the inner rectangle stencil using Memento tuxedo ink, flip it over and place it at the top of the bottom sponged area in alignment with the top stamped image to create the reflection. Press all over the inked inner rectangle piece to transfer the ink.
7. Sponge the centre with more black ink if needed.
8. Draw a few lines just below the centre to look like water ripples using a white pencil. Stamp a Nature Walk sentiment in bottom right-hand corner using black ink.
Darkroom Door Rectangle Stencil Set
Darkroom Door Nature Walk Stamp Set
Distress Inks: Salty Ocean, Black Soot, Lucky Clover, Blueprint Sketch
Ink Blending Tool & Foam
Have a go and see what reflections you can come up with.
Reflection Stamping With Stencils