Hello Darkroom Door fans! Belinda Spencer here with you today to share another layout featuring the fabulous new Bookshelf Border Stamp. This is just the perfect stamp to create a funky background for photos of bookworms. Luckily both my children are bookworms like me so I have plenty of photos to keep creating layouts with this stamp.
1. Crop a piece of black cardstock to 8½“ x 11¾” to form the base of the layout.
2. Crop a piece of smooth white cardstock to 8¼” x 11½”. Choose some Distress Oxides and squish the pads onto a heat resistant craft sheet. Spritz with water and then place the smooth white cardstock onto the colour. Remove (swiping it slightly through the ink) and dry with a heat gun. Repeat this process, drying after each inking, until you are happy with the result (or you have run out of ink!). Stick down on the black cardstock base.
3. Stamp a quote from the Bookworm Rubber Stamp Set over the background using one of the Distress Oxide inks that was used to create the background.
4. Use co-ordinating Distress Oxides to apply the Torn Text Background Stamp to the layout. For this technique I did not add the stamp to an acrylic block. I applied the ink to the middle section of the stamp and held the sides up with one hand while stamping over the background in a random manner.
5. Stamp the Bookshelf Border Stamp onto a separate piece of glossy white cardstock using Jet Black Archival Ink. Dry with a heat gun. Use Distress Inks to colour the books. Squish the ink pads onto the craft sheet and then pick up the colour with a soft wet paintbrush. If you have Distress Markers you could use those instead to make it easier. Allow to dry. Fussy cut and add to the layout.
6. Stamp the Open Book Frame stamp on a separate piece of smooth white cardstock using the Jet Black ink. Fussy cut. Apply the Torn Text Background Stamp over the top using a co-ordinating Distress Oxide. Ink the edges of the pages and add to the layout.
7. Stamp some stars from the Stars Rubber Stamp Set on another piece of smooth white cardstock using co-ordinating Distress Oxides. Stamp a quote from the Bookworm Rubber Stamp Set as well as the title using the Alphabet Medley Rubber Stamp Set with the Jet Black ink. Fussy cut all images and add to the layout along with the photo and any other embellishments.
Darkroom Door Bookshelf Border Stamp
Darkroom Door Open Book Frame Stamp
Darkroom Door Torn Text Background Stamp
Darkroom Door Alphabet Medley Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Bookworm Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Stars Rubber Stamp Set
Archival Ink Jet Black
Distress Oxide Ink: Seedless Preserves, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey
Distress Ink: Aged Mahogany, Cracked Pistachio, Forest Moss, Hickory Smoke, Seedless Preserves, Wild Honey
I hope you have fun playing with this stamp and creating some layouts for the bookworm in your life.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today.