13 March 2012
We have some great projects to share with you today using the new Polka Dots Background Stamp!
First up, a card by yours truly...
Details from Rachel:
1. Stamp the Polka Dots with Aquamarine Archival ink.
2. Distress the edges of the cardstock with a paper distresser.
3. Spong around the edges with Aquamarine Archival inkpad.
4. Mount a Viva La Flora Montage image onto red cardstock and adhere to background.
5. Create a sentiment using Red Alphastrip letters.
6. Wrap red ribbon around the bottom, tie at the front. Adhere panel to red cardstock, then onto a folded blue card.
Here's a funky ATC by Michelle:
Polka Dots Background Stamp
Photobooth Friends & Lovers
Blue ink (generic)
Distress Inks (Faded Jeans, Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold)
Viva Decor Inka Gold
Details from Michelle:
I stamped some blue patterned paper with the Polka Dots & blue ink and also enough spare to punch a heart. Then I distressed using a variety of the Distress Inks.
I randomly edged the ATC and Photobooth using Inka Gold and a makeup sponge then I scratched the edges of the Photobooth using scissors. I also dabbed over the ribbon with the Inka Gold.
For the sentiment, I directly dipped it into the Inka Gold to add a dimensional border
Doesn't it look awesome!! Here's a card from Teresa...
Details from Teresa:
Love this background – it has little scratches and imperfections in it, fantastic to use as a base for some grungy, distressed work. Here I’ve simply used it as a background for a word from the new Whimsical Words set, tied a bow with satin ribbon, added some flowers and the card is ready to go.
Hope you enjoyed these samples using the new Polka Dots stamp! We'll be back again soon with some more projects from the Creative Team.