Hi! Belinda Spencer here today to share a layout I have created featuring stamps from the awesome NEW Succulents Rubber Stamp Set. I have created my own background by embossing several succulent stamps with white embossing powder and adding a lovely wash of soft colours over the top.
1. Cut a piece of pale green cardstock 8 ½ " x 11 ¾ " to form the layout base.
2. Cut a piece of smooth white cardstock 8 ¼ " x 11 ½ ". Ink the edges with Tattered Rose Distress Ink and stick down on the pale green cardstock base.
3. Choose two of the succulent stamps. I have used the large and small versions of the same design. Apply Distress Embossing Ink and stamp the succulents over the background. Heat set with white embossing powder.
4. Spritz the background with a little water. Dilute a little Bundled Sage Distress Paint and wash over the background along with some shimmery soft pink mist using a soft wet paintbrush. Reapply until you have enough coverage of your background as well as depth of colour. The aim is for a lovely soft wash of colour. You could also try this technique with watercolour paints, diluted acrylic paints, mists or Distress Inks. Dry with a heat gun or set aside to dry. Also apply a quote stamp from the Gardening Stamp Set over the background using Sap Green Archival Ink.
5. Layer some co-ordinating patterned papers together. Add your photo on top using 3D foam. Tie some natural jute around the bundle. Stick down on your layout.
6. Stamp the same succulent stamps again on a separate piece of smooth white cardstock using Sap Green Archival Ink. Dry with a heat gun and then paint on a little of the shimmery pink mist. Dry with a heat gun, fussy cut and add to your photo/patterned paper bundle.
7. To finish, add your title some chipboard leaves and
sequins as well as any journaling.
Darkroom Door Succulents Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Gardening Vol. 2 Rubber Stamp Set
Distress Ink Tattered Rose
Distress Paint Bundled Sage
Distress Embossing Ink
White embossing powder
Thanks for checking out my layout today using this brilliant new stamp set.
Our Everyday Life Layout