Hello, today we are sharing ideas using the Open Book Frame Stamp! It was fun for us to go through the collection of Darkroom Door stamp sets to see how many different options we could come up with for images and words to fit within the pages of this stamp.
Belinda Spencer shares a fabulous layered card using quotes from the Bookworm Stamp Set:
1. Apply the Woodgrain Background Stamp onto a piece of smooth white cardstock cut to size using Sky Blue Ranger Archival Ink. Use a blending tool to apply Weathered Wood Tim Holtz Distress Ink around the edges. Distress the edges and add more ink.
2. Apply the Open Book Frame Stamp onto the Woodgrain piece using Jet Black Ranger Archival Ink.
3. Stamp the Open Book Frame Stamp three more times onto some book paper torn from an old book using the Jet Black ink. Ink each one with Old Paper Tim Holtz Distress Ink and cut out. Crease each piece down the centre and then layer on top of the base using a small piece of double-sided tape in the centre of each.
4. Stamp the Open Book Frame Stamp again on a piece of vellum. Add the quote stamp from the Bookworm Stamp Set on the left hand side. Carefully dry the ink with a heat gun ensuring that you don’t buckle the vellum. Cut out and add to the top of the stack.
5. Add some hand stitching to the centre of the pages of the book to hold everything securely in place.
6. Next start to shape the book to give it a 3D effect. The pages can easily be held in place using double-sided tape.
7. Create a bookmark by threading some beads onto beading wire and gluing into the centre of the book.
8. Stamp another quote from the Bookworm Stamp Set onto some smooth white cardstock using the Jet Black ink. Ink with Old Paper Distress Ink, cut out and add to the right hand side of the book.
9. Apply the Torn Text Background Stamp onto white cardstock using Watering Can Ranger Archival Ink and cut to size. Use a blending tool to apply Old Paper Ink. Distress the edges, ink again and add to a kraft cardstock base. Add the Woodgrain piece with the book on top.
Robyn Wood shares a card using the Brushless Watercolour technique:
Assemble card base by punching the long edge of a dark pink piece of cardstock which has been cut to suit the card front. If the design allows, thread with thin ribbon. Attach to coral coloured card front.
Trim a piece of pale green cardstock to approx. 7 cm high by the width of the dark pink piece. Stamp with Dots background stamp using Fern Green Archival Ink. Attach to card front.
Stamp Open Book frame onto white card using Black Archival Ink and trim closely.
Stamp the left hand page with a quote from the Etched Flowers rubber stamp set using Jet Black Archival ink.
Give the image some shape by bending the ‘pages’ back slightly and create a slight fold through the spine. Attach to card front using double sided tape at each side and the spine and foam tape at the middle of the pages. Aim to get a slight rise over the middle of each page and have the book image flat in the centre and each side.
Use a brushless watercolour technique for flowers. Colour a flower from the Carved Flowers set with Distress Markers and spritz lightly with water before stamping onto white card. Try using two different shades of the same colour on the petals for a different effect.
Trim closely and affix to card.
Tie a bow in some pretty ribbon and add to the stems of the flowers.
The brushless watercolour technique takes a little practice to get a light spritz of water, you want a fine beading that doesn’t cause the ink to run too much and ruin the design.
Here's a card by Rachel Greig using a masking technique with the Love Letters Vol 1 Rubber Stamps:
1. Stamp Torn Text Background Stamp onto folded beige card using Jet Black Archival ink. Ink around edges of card using same ink.
2. Emboss pink cardstock with embossing folder and distress edges with a paper distresser. Adhere to card with foam adhesive.
3. Stamp Open Book Frame Stamp onto cream cardstock with Jet Black Archival Ink. Stamp quote from Bookworm Stamp Set on right hand page. Mask around left hand page with post it notes and stamp gentleman from Love Letters Vol 1 Rubber Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival ink.
4. Sponge around edges of book pages with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Adhere to card.
Darkroom Door Open Book Frame Stamp
Darkroom Door Dots Background Stamp
Darkroom Door Woodgrain Background Stamp
Darkroom Door Torn Text Background Stamp
Darkroom Door Etched Flowers Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Carved Flowers Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Bookworm Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Love Letters Vol 1 Rubber Stamp Set
Ranger Archival Ink – Jet Black, Fern Green, Sky Blue, Watering Can
Distress markers in pinks and green
Distress Ink: Old Paper, Weathered Wood, Vintage Photo
The possibilities are endless with this awesome new frame stamp. Make sure you share any of your wonderful creations with this stamp in the Darkroom Door Inspiration group on Facebook.
Thank you so much for stopping by the blog and checking out our cards today!
Open Book Frame Stamp Ideas