Hello stampers! It’s Anna-Karin here with you today, to share a tutorial made with the new Music Hall Frame Stamp. This is a lovely stamp and it made me think of a stage, which led to a shadow box.
I made a shadow box, so that you can look into a scene. For a backdrop I used the large photo stamp from Prague Vol. 2 Rubber Stamp Set. The Music Hall Frame Stamp made me think of a childhood photo of my mom, where she is dressed up for a special occasion together with my grandmother and a friend. I cut them out and placed them into the scene. I took some step-by-step photos as I made this.
1. Die cut the Sizzix 3-D Suitcase from mat board, or make a shadow box from a recycled box. Measure and cut out a large enough rectangle in the front.
2. Ink the box with Distress Ink Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap and stamp the back and sides (also the sides on the inside) with more images, sentiments and the Sheet Music Background Stamp.
3. Stamp the Music Hall and the photo stamp from Prague Vol. 2. on glossy cardstock with Jet Black Archival Ink. Detailed stamps look wonderful on glossy cardstock. Colour them with Distress Ink, using an ink-blending tool and a Ranger Craft Nib for the small spaces.
4. Add highlights with a white gel pen.
5. Use a VersaMarker to apply embossing ink on the edges of the curtain. Emboss with gold powder for a great extra touch.
6. Trim the scene so that it fits into the suitcase. Cut out a photo or a stamped image. Use a piece of foam or cork to adhere the photo, to add dimension.
7. Assemble the front of the suitcase, also applying adhesive on the flap – which normally opens when you use this die to make a suitcase. Since we are making a shadow box and not a suitcase, we don’t want it to open. Glue the Music Hall Frame on top.
8. The gold embossing adds a really nice touch to the curtain. I also added three golden pearls.
9. At the back of the shadow box you could also write a message.
Darkroom Door Frame Stamp: Music Hall
Darkroom Door Background Stamp: Sheet Music
Darkroom Door Rubber Stamps: Prague Vol 2
Surfaces: Ranger Glossy Cardstock; Sizzix Little Sizzles Cream Mat Board 6 x 13
Dies: Sizzix: 3-D Suitcase Bag
Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black
Distress Ink: Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Gathered Twigs, Pumice Stone, Barn Door, Fired Brick
Embossing powder: Ranger Gold Embossing Powder
Thank you so much for looking at my project! I hope you enjoyed it and that it inspired you to try to make your own shadow box using your stamps.