Hey there stampers! Today we have lots of great projects to share with you using the Mr Penny Farthing Collage Stamp:
I stamped him onto a cut out bag (Sizzix/Tim Holtz die, In the bag') with Memories Artprint brown ink. On the back of the bag I stamped DDBS031 Crackle.
I stamped the Mr. Penny Farthing stamp on a Distress ink background with black ink. On the green background I used DDBS031 Crackle and DDRS062 Steampunk. I sponged the edges brown (Distress ink Vintage Photo) to create a vintage look.
Godelieve has created an altered book cover:
Details from Godelieve: Mr Penny Farthing is a new collage stamp by Darkroom Door. I stamped with Ranger Archival Ink #Jet Black, sponged with Distress Ink #Victorian Velvet and Brushed Corduroy. The mat was painted with Distress Paint, stamped with the Corrugated Iron stamp, and embossed with Sizzix embossing folder #Compass.
Belinda has created a gorgeous vintage card:
Hels has also created a vintage project... here are the details from Hels: Isn't he a handsome chap? I love this collage style stamp... there's enough going on in the background that it is interesting without overpowering the image of Mr Farthing.
My take on Mr Farthing was, of course, to turn him into a hanging (being as I am addicted to all things wall-arty) I started off with a piece of mountboard and gave that a quick coat of Black Soot Distress Stain, drying it, then sanding it back a bit to reveal the board underneath and then blending Walnut Stain DI over the edges to age it. Mr Farthing is stamped onto cream card using Jet Black Archival and I then coloured in using Antique Linen, Forest Moss and Walnut Stain DI's. He was then popped onto a piece of corrugated card (Thank you to Mr AlfieCat for letting me upcycle his food packaging!) which I tore back to reveal some of the corrugations and painted over it with cream paint. I then added some Frayed Burlap DI to tone the colours in and smidged around the edge with Jet Black Archival Ink.
The decorating was fun! I die cut a couple of cogs from Grungeboard, coloured them with Gathered Twigs and Walnut Stain DI and cut them to fit onto the base board. Holes punched and eyelets set ready for some rusty wire for the hanging bit and then I started on Mr Farthing himself. Adding the Ornate Plate over the top of him, some little wire swirls, a bit of a Journal Ticket and some twine around the corrugated card... and then my new fave Tissue Tape (diamonds - LOVE them!) I added some metal cogs and a few bits of Idea-ology to finish the project off.
Aren't all these projects amazing! Hope they have inspired you! Thanks for dropping by here today.