Hello, Lynne here today to share with you two projects featuring one of my absolute favourite stamp sets . . . Feathers!
1. Onto watercolour paper apply layers of Gesso, dissolved walnut ink crystals, chalk paint and Distress Paint to provide a panel which has a delicate almost dreamy appearance which I think particularly suits nature themed artwork. It also has a lovely textural quality to it.
2. Abrade the edges before adhering to cardbase and sponging Distress Ink Vintage Photo to the edges and touches of gilding wax.
3. Apply washes of dissolved walnut ink crystals to manilla shipping tag. Abrade the edges before apply Distress Ink Vintage Photo.
4. Stamp Feather with Staz-on Timber Brown.
5. Thread ivory jute twine through a button, layer to fragment of vintage crochet lace and adhere to top of tag. Adhere tag to cardbase.
6. Stamp quote onto mulberry paper, adhering to cardbase with Gel Medium.
7. Embellish cardbase with piece of bark and fragment of vintage crochet lace.
* Enjoy preparing the watercolour paper as it is therapeutic. Take the time to continue building the layers, blending the colours, etc. You will know when you have achieved the effect you are aiming for.
* Substitute the dissolved walnut ink crystals with Distress Stain
1. Stain balsa wood with dissolved walnut ink crystals. Manipulate the solution with a heat gun to achieve desired appearance.
2. Stamp feather three times with Timber Brown Staz-on ink pad.
3. Second generation stamp Texture Stamp French Script with Rich Cocoa.
4. Apply Distress Paints to the panel.
5. Stamp sentiment from Wildflowers Vol 1 onto scrap piece of stained balsa wood. Staple to a strip of muslin before adhering to bottom of balsa wood panel
6. Embellish the panel with vintage lace and a jute twine bow. Adhere this panel to a panel of bark with Gel Medium. Leave to dry before adhering to a card base.
Darkroom Door Feathers Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Viva La Flora Vol 2 Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Wildflowers Vol 1 Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door French Script Texture Stamp
Distress Paint: Tea Dye, Weathered Wood, Antique Linen
Staz-on Timber Brown
Memento Rich Cocoa
Distress Ink Vintage Photo
Golden Gel Medium
6"x4" cardbase (or white cardstock)
Idea-ology Tiny Attacher
May Arts Ivory Jute Twine, dissolved walnut ink crystals, vintage crochet lace, fragment of bark, balsa wood, one button
Thank you for your visit to the Darkroom Door Blog today.
Mixed Media Feather Cards