Hi there, it’s Rachel Greig here today sharing some beautiful spring themed cards using the Jolly Jonquils Collage Stamp. This stamp has so many wonderful details that you can create quick and yet stunning cards in a flash! I use two different ways to colour the stamp, while keeping some white space in the image to keep it fresh and bright.
1. For this card I began by placing the stamp on a stamp positioner tool. Spritz the stamp lightly with water and colour the stamp with Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks. Use different colours as desired. Mist the stamp again lightly and stamp onto specialty stamping paper. Allow to dry. The stamped image will be a watercolour effect.
2. Wipe the stamp clean, and then ink up with Archival Jet Black ink. Stamp over the watercolour stamping. The black ink will bring back all the details of the image, and the watercolour stamping will give you colours underneath. If you’d like to add more colour, simply use a waterbrush to spread the colour out or pick up more colour from the Scribble Sticks and colour in the image.
3. Trim image around the border and adhere to green card stock. I used a Sizzix Deckle Edge die for the green card stock to give that nice deckle edged look.
4. Adhere stamped panel to a folded white card to complete!
For this next card, I have used Distress Markers to colour only parts of the image:
1. Stamp Jolly Jonquils Collage Stamp onto specialty stamping paper with Archival Jet Black ink. Allow to dry.
2. Colour in the jonquils using Wild Honey and Scattered Straw Distress Markers. Colour in the postmarks using Scattered Straw and Dried Marigold Distress Markers. Colour around some of the swirls around the border too.
3. Die cut the image with Sizzix Deckle Edge Die. Wrap yellow sheer ribbon around the bottom and tie in a bow.
4. Adhere yellow mesh to a folded white card, then adhere the stamped panel to the front using foam adhesive.
Darkroom Door Jolly Jonquils Collage Stamp
Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks Set 1
Distress Markers: Wild Honey, Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold
Archival Jet Black Ink
Sizzix Deckle Edge Dies
As you can see, you can make simple and beautiful cards with the Jolly Jonquils Collage Stamp! Try it with our other Collage Stamps too!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jolly Jonquils Spring Notecards