Hi, Anneke De Clerck here today to share with you a few projects I made using the brand new Hearts Border Stamp. To start with I did an art journal spread in my large Dina Wakley Media journal. To create the background I was inspired by a video by Kate Crane. In the video she shows how to make gel prints with a ‘distressed wood’ look. You can see that video here.
Border stamps are great for larger projects but it’s perfectly possible to use them on cards. Bellow I’m sharing 2 card ideas as well.
To make it easy I worked on loose sheets of paper that I glued into the journal after making the gel prints.
1. Apply stripes of Ruby, Olive, White, Elephant and Turquoise Dina Wakley Media Paint on a large gel printing plate using a brayer. Let this layer dry completely. Put a thin layer of white paint on top and pull a print. Make ghost prints for future projects. Repeat the steps to create a second page. Glue both gel prints into the art journal.
2. Stamps the hearts on the left and right side with the Hearts Border Stamp using Archival Ink Jet Black.
3. Stamp randomly with the Grid Texture Stamp using turquoise paint.
4. Stamp parts of the Inky Script Background Stamp using white paint.
5. Sponge white paint through the Large Stencil – Dots. Mask off the stamped hearts if necessary. Outline the dots with a white pen.
6. Stamp a bunch of houses from the Carved Houses Stamp Set on white paper using Archival Ink Jet Black. Cut out and adhere to the spread as shown. Add shadow and highlights to the houses with a black Stabilo pencil and a white pen.
7. Stamp the small hearts from the Hearts Border Stamp separately on white paper using Distress Oxide Ink Crushed Olive, Candied Apple and Peacock Feathers. Cut out and glue on top of the black hearts.
8. Stamp the quote straight on the background using stamps from the Alphabet Medley set. Decorate with 3 small hearts.
9. Adhere strips of black and white washi tape and make 3 cross-stitches with red wax cord.
1. Paint stripes on a mixed media card panel with Dina Wakley Media Paint White, Olive, Ruby, Turquoise and Elephant using a flat brush.
2. Stamp hearts on the painted background using the Hearts Border Stamp and Archival Ink Jet Black. Stamp the hearts again on white paper, cut out (except for the tiny hearts) and add this extra layer on top of the hearts on the background.
3. Mask off the hearts and stamp dots randomly with the Dots Texture Stamp and white paint. Highlight some of the dots by overstamping them with white paint using the eraser at the top of a pencil.
4. Stamp the bottom heart on the Hearts Border Stamp separately on a leftover gel print, cut out and attach cord and a bead as shown. Glue in place using 3D dots.
5. Finish the card off by stamping a wish from the Simple Sayings set using Archival Ink Jet Black.
1. Cut a 4 x 7” card panel out of watercolour paper. Threat the panel with an antistatic pad first. Stamp hearts using the Hearts Border Stamp and Versamark Ink. Heat emboss the print with WOW embossing powder Opaque Bright White.
2. Paint the hearts with Distress Oxide Inks Worn Lipstick, Tattered Rose, Cracked Pistachio, Ripe Persimmon and Picked Raspberry using a water brush.
3. Stamp the text on a strip of vellum using stamps from the Alphabet Medley set. Wrap the strip of vellum around the card and attach at the backside.
4. Apply Dina Wakley Media Paint Ruby, White and Turquoise paint on a sheet of white paper with a brayer. Cut a panel out of it to use as a mat for the watercolour panel. Make machine stitches at the edges. Adhere to a white double card.
Darkroom Door Hearts Border Stamp
Darkroom Door Carved Houses Rubber Stamps
Darkroom Door Alphabet Medley Rubber Stamps
Darkroom Door Simple Sayings Rubber Stamps
Darkroom Door Grid Texture Stamp
Darkroom Door Dots Texture Stamp
Darkroom Door Inky Script Background Stamp
Darkroom Door Large Stencil - Dots
Archival Ink: Jet Black
Golden Fluid Acrylics: Titanium White
Dina Wakley Media Paint: Ruby, Olive, White, Elephant, and Turquoise
Ranger Distress Oxide Inks: Crushed Olive, Candied Apple, Peacock Feathers, Worn Lipstick, Tattered Rose, Cracked Pistachio, Ripe Persimmon, Picked Raspberry
WOW embossing powder: Opaque Bright White
Black Stabilo pencil
Thanks for stopping by!