Hello Darkroom Door fans! Belinda Spencer here with you today to share a layout featuring the fabulous new Bookshelf Border Stamp. This is just the coolest stamp for adding wonderful detail to layouts, cards, art journal pages and more. Here I have incorporated the stamped image as an anchor for the Open Book Frame Stamp as well as a silhouette photo of my son reading one of his Harry Potter books.
1. Crop a piece of black cardstock to 8½" x 11¾" to form the base of the layout.
2. Crop a piece of smooth white cardstock to 8¼" x 11½". Choose some Distress Oxides and squish the pads onto a heat resistant craft sheet. Spritz with water and then place the smooth white cardstock onto the colour. Remove (swiping it slightly through the ink) and dry with a heat gun. Repeat this process, drying after each inking, until you are happy with the result (or you have run out of ink!). Stick down on the black cardstock base.
3.Stamp a quote from the Bookworm Rubber Stamp Set over the background using one of the Distress Oxide inks that was used to create the background.
4. Stamp the Bookshelf Border Stamp onto a separate piece of smooth white cardstock using Jet Black Archival Ink. Fussy cut and stick down on the background.
5. Stamp the Open Book Frame Stamp on another piece of smooth white cardstock using the Jet Black ink. Stamp the Torn Text Background Stamp over the top using the same ink. Fussy cut and add to the layout along with some torn book paper (NOT from a Harry Potter book!) and some die cut/fussy cut images relating to the theme of the layout.
6. Stamp the title using the Alphabet Medley Rubber Stamp Set and a co-ordinating Distress Oxide ink. Also stamp some stars from the Stars Rubber Stamp Set using co-ordinating Distress Oxide Inks. Fussy cut all images and add to the layout.
7. Add a stamped quill from the Correspondence Rubber Stamp Set.
Darkroom Door Bookshelf Border Stamp
Darkroom Door Open Book Frame Stamp
Darkroom Door Torn Text Background Stamp
Darkroom Door Alphabet Medley Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Correspondence Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Bookworm Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Stars Rubber Stamp Set
Archival Ink Jet Black
Distress Oxide: Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Wild Honey
I hope you have fun playing with this stamp and creating some layouts for the bookworm in your life.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today.