Hi, it’s Anneke De Clerck here with you to share a few ideas featuring the brand new Friendship Sentiments Stamp. I love adding text to my projects so the Sentiments Stamps are favourites of mine. I’m very happy Darkroom Door added 4 beautiful new Sentiments Stamps to the collection.
For my first project I created a pocket that holds a small heart. I made this set using only one stamp and one stencil. It’s perfectly possible to make something nice with minimal supplies.
1. To create a pocket for the heart fold a 10.5 x 15 cm card out of mixed media paper. Turn the card so the fold is at the bottom. Cut a strip of 3 cm away from the top of the front part.
2. Stamp a strip of text to the left of the pocket with the Friendship Sentiments Stamp using Archival Ink Tiger Lily.
3. Ink up the Small Stencil – Polka Dots with Distress Oxide Ink Ripe Persimmon, Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry. Spray water on top and make a reverse print of the stencil on watercolour paper. Die cut a scalloped strip out of that print using a Sizzix die and attach to the front of the pocket.
4. Machine stitch along both edges to close the pocket. Decorate with a fluffy pompon.
5. Stamp a text pattern on mixed media paper with the Friendship Sentiments Stamp by stamping 3 strips of text next to each other using Archival Ink Tiger Lily. Choose a nice part to cut a heart out. Cut a heart the same size out of white mixed media paper as well. Make a loop with orange ribbon as shown and adhere at the inside of one of the hearts with strong tape. Put both hearts on top of each other. Sandwich a small amount of filling material in between the hearts and make blanket stitches by hand to close the heart.
6. Decorate the heart with 3 mini pompons.
1. Ink up the Roses Photo Stamp using Distress Oxide Ink Ripe Persimmon, Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry. Spray water on top and make a print on watercolour paper.
2. As you can see on the photo the outcome of this technique depends on the amount of water used and of the type of paper used. Make a few prints and choose the one you like most to use as a background.
3. Stamp with the Friendship Sentiments Stamp on top of the roses using Archival Ink Jet Black.
4. Die cut a rectangle out of the print using a stitches die. Die cut the same rectangle out of a card panel and apply the inlay technique to assemble the card.
5. Finish off with a button and a Tim Holtz Sculpture Flower.
1. To create the background of this card apply strips of green, blue, pink and orange paint to a gel printing plate and pull both a print and a ghost print. Cut a card panel out of the ghost print.
2. Stamp parts of the Friendship Sentiments Stamp randomly on top using StazOn Ink Teal Blue.
3. Stamp the flower on a scrap of mixed media paper with pink, orange and green paint. Use your MISTI or a similar stamping platform to add layers of paint. Extend the stem of the flower by hand using green paint and a small brush. Cut out and adhere the flower head to the card using 3D dots.
4. Stamp a single sentiment from the Friendship Sentiments Stamp on a white tag. Attach the tag to the stem of the flower with a piece of ribbon. Add glue to the back of the stem and tag to hold in place.
Darkroom Door Friendship Sentiments Stamp
Darkroom Door Roses Photo Stamp
Darkroom Door Daisy Eclectic Stamp
Darkroom Door Small Stencil: Polka Dots
Archival Ink: Jet Black, Tiger Lily
Distress Oxide Ink: Worn Lipstick, Ripe Persimmon, Picked Raspberry
StazOn Ink: Teal Blue
Dina Wakley Media Paint: Cheddar, Blushing, Turquoise, Ocean, Lime
Talens Amsterdam Acrylics: Persian Rose
Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations: On the Edge Scallops Die
Crealies Stiches Die
Thanks for stopping by!