Sometimes I feel like I say the word beautiful too often here on the blog, I must come up with some other describing words - but seriously, that's the best word to describe all of these projects! Today I'm sharing projects by Melissa Phillips and Jill Geraghty-Groves, both of whom have used neutral tonings which looks so elegant. I think this sort of toning with this stamp would be perfect for wedding invitations! Anyway... I'll stop rambling and show you the projects.
"beauty' card by Melissa:
Darkroom Door supplies used:
Frangipani Photo Stamp
French Script Background Stamp
Viva la Flora Wordstrip
Size 4 Buff Tag
- Create card base and edge with acrylic paint. Distress with ink.
- Stamp cream paper with French Script stamp using light brown ink. Cut to fit bottom of card just inside edges, distress with ink, and adhere.
- Cut aqua paper to fit top of card just inside edges, ink, and adhere.
- Stamp tag with Frangipani stamp using grey ink, highlight with a light pink marker, and adhere just above French Script paper.
- Attach a strip of cream trim under bottom edge of tag and tie end of tag with scrunched seam binding. Embellish center of bow with layered flowers and Wordstrip attached to a tag.
- Distress Photobooth image and adhere to card front. Embellish with strings of pearls and buttons on both sides to finish.
I swear my heart skips a beat every time I see one of Melissa's projects. The layering and combination of all the bits and pieces are just put together so beautifully! (see, there's that word again!)
Thanks for sharing with us Melissa!!! Love it so much!
Jill has created a set of tags that would be perfect on gifts or to use for journaling on scrapbook pages...
Darkroom Door Supplies:
Frangipani Photo Stamp
Art De Fleur Vol 2 stamp set
Size 8 White Tags
- Stamped with Cement colour Versamark Ink and heatembossedwith clear embossing powder.
- The image is then cut into 1" squares and attachedtowhite tag.
- Stamp and emboss words from the Art De Fleur Vol 2 stamp set.
- Thread ribbon.
So simple and so elegant Jill! And shows that bigger stamps like the Photo Stamps don't always need to be used in full. A little section looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing!
Frangipani Photo Stamp Projects - Part 2