Hi, it’s Belinda here today to share a sweet set of cards featuring the stunning Leaves Border Stamp. Here I have used a watercolour effect to create a set of cards featuring colours to represent all four seasons.
1. Cut a piece of black cardstock measuring 10.5cm x 29cm. Fold in half to form the card base.
2. Cut a piece of smooth white cardstock measuring 10cm x 14cm. Stick down on the card base.
3. Using Faber-Castell Big Brush Stamper Pens, apply various colours to the leaves. Here I have chosen a different colour for each style of leaf. Spritz the stamp with water and then apply to the card front. Scribble the three pens (separately) onto an acrylic block. Use a soft wet paintbrush to flick the colours over the card front. Allow to dry.
4. Add some messy thread to the card front in a co-ordinating colour. Attach with tiny dots of glue.
5. Use the same pens to colour the tiny star stamps from the Hello Baby Vol. 1 Stamp Set. Huff your breath onto the stamp before stamping on extra smooth white cardstock. Also stamp the ‘Hello Baby’ from this set using Jet Black Archival Ink and just cut out the ‘hello’. Use the Alphabet Medley Stamp Set to stamp the ‘spring’ in the same black ink. Fussy cut all elements and add to the card front.
I used exactly the same technique for each of the seasons just choosing different colours to suit. Here’s a peek at the Summer, Autumn and Winter cards.
Darkroom Door Leaves Border Stamp
Darkroom Door Hello Baby Vol. 1 Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Alphabet Medley Rubber Stamp Set
RANGER Archival Ink Jet Black
FABER-CASTELL Big Brush Stamper Pens:
Spring Card: 156 Cobalt Green, 167 Permanent Olive Green, 170 May Green
Summer: 107 Cadmium Yellow, 113 Orange Glaze, 171 Light Green
Autumn: 113 Orange Glaze, 178 Nougat, 219 Deep Scarlet Red
Winter: 143 Cobalt Blue, 146 Sky Blue, 232 Cold Grey III
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today!
Four Seasons Leaves Border Stamp Cards