Hello Darkroom Door fans! It’s Belinda Spencer here with you today to share a set of cards I created featuring the gorgeous new Flower Bed Border Stamp. The border stamps are so perfect for layouts and art journal pages due to the size but they can also be adapted beautifully for cards. I’ve created one card design but used it wth 3 different colour ways to create a series of cards. Take a look:
1. Cut a piece of black cardstock measuring 14.5cm x 21cm. Fold in half to form the card base.
2. Cut a piece of smooth white cardstock measuring 10cm x 14cm. Apply Jet Black Archival Ink to the Harlequin Background Stamp. Stamp over this piece. Stick down on the card base.
3. Stamp the Filmstrip Border Stamp on an extra piece of smooth white cardstock using the same ink. Cut out a piece of the filmstrip measuring 14cm long. Cut this piece in half down the centre and stick on the card front with a gap between the pieces.
4. Stamp the Flower Bed Border Stamp twice on the extra white cardstock using the Jet Black ink. Fussy cut a section 14cm long. Stick down on the card front in the centre. Fussy cut some extra flowers from the second stamped image and layer onto the card front.
5. Stamp the Harlequin Background Stamp again onto the extra cardstock and fussy cut a few diamonds. Add to the card front. Also stamp the sentiment, fussy cut and add to the card front using 3D foam for extra dimension.
Here are a couple more cards I created in the same style but this time adding some colour. For this card I simply coloured the Flower Bed image with coloured pencils.
This time I coloured the image with Jane Davenport Smooth Markers which are alcohol markers similar to Copics.
Darkroom Door Flower Bed Border Stamp
Darkroom Door Filmstrip Border Stamp
Darkroom Door Harlequin Background Stamp
Darkroom Door Chevron Background Stamp
Darkroom Door Mesh Background Stamp
Darkroom Door Carved Leaves Vol. 1 Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Brushed Sentiments Rubber Stamp Set
Ranger Archival Ink: Cactus Flower, Jet Black, Paradise Teal, Rose Madder
Jane Davenport Magic Wands
Jane Davenport Smooth Markers
I hope you are feeling inspired to create your own beautiful projects using this fabulous stamp. It really does lend itself so well to whatever medium you choose to colour it with.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today.
Flower Bed Border Stamp Card Set