Hello Darkroom Door fans! Belinda Spencer here today to share some cards created using the fabulous new Farm Truck Photo Stamp. I have used four different mediums to show how you can achieve different looks with the one stamp.
1. Cut a piece of black cardstock 9.5cm x 27cm. Fold in half to form the card base.
2. Cut a piece of smooth white cardstock 9cm x 13cm. Apply the Scratches Background Stamp using Jet Black Ranger Archival Ink. Stick down on the card base.
3. On a separate piece of smooth white cardstock, stamp the Farm Truck Photo Stamp using Jet Black Archival Ink.
4. Apply Distress Oxides onto a heat resistant craft sheet. You can use whatever combination of colours you like. Here I have used Broken China, Cracked Pistachio, Spiced Marmalade and Wilted Violet. Spritz the oxides on the sheet with water and press the stamped image into the ink. Dry with a heat gun and then repeat until you are happy with the result. Make sure you have a tag or scrap cardstock on hand to swipe up the leftover oxide on the sheet to avoid wastage. Dry with a heat gun and then cut neatly around the edge of the stamped image. Use an ink blending tool to apply Peacock Feathers Distress Ink around the edges.
5. Scribble on the craft sheet next with a white paint pen such as a Sharpie or Posca Pen. Use a soft wet paintbrush to pick up the colour and add some highlights to the lights and windows of the stamped truck image. Flick some white droplets over the image also. Dry with a heat gun and then stick down on the card front.
6. Stamp the sentiment as well as three stars from the Stars Rubber Stamp Set onto smooth white cardstock. Fussy cut and add to the card using 3D foam behind the sentiment to make it pop.
This next card was created in exactly the same way as the first card but instead of using Distress Oxides I have used Distress Inks. Again you can choose whatever colour combination suits. Here I have used Peacock Feathers, Seedless Preserves and Wild Honey. I have flicked some water over the inked image for a water stained look and added some white droplets using a paint pen.
For this next card I have stamped the Farm Truck onto a piece of Canson Cotton Mixed Media cardstock.
I coloured directly onto the image using Dina Wakley Media Scribble Sticks and then used a soft wet paintbrush to blend the colours and create a watercolour effect. I scribbled onto a heat resistant craft sheet with the crayons also, picked up the colour with the paintbrush and flicked over the image.
For this final card I stamped the Farm Truck onto Kraft cardstock instead of my usual smooth white cardstock to give it even more of a vintage look.
I coloured in the image using Faber-Castell Watercolour Pencils (any watercolour pencils will do). I then activated the colour using a soft wet paintbrush. I flicked a bit of white paint pen over the image and let that dry. The image was looking a little dark because of the kraft base so I used the white paint pen to add a border inside the stamped one just to break up the darkness a little.
Darkroom Door Farm truck Photo Stamp
Darkroom Door Scratches Background Stamp
Darkroom Door Chicken Wire Background Stamp
Darkroom Door Vintage Automobiles Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Happy Birthday Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Stars Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Cacti Rubber Stamp Set
Archival Ink Jet Black
Distress Ink: Peacock Feathers, Seedless Preserves, Wild Honey
Distress Oxides: Broken China, Cracked Pistachio, Spiced Marmalade, Wilted Violet
Dina Wakley Media Scribble Sticks
Sharpie Paint Pen White
Thank you for stopping by the blog today to check out my projects. I hope you are feeling inspired to play around with different mediums to create your own vintage farm truck cards.