Hi there, Jane here from Miss Jane's Classroom and today I'm sharing a card I made using the Small Stencil - Dots. Straight away the thought of creating a soft dotty background that fades towards the centre popped into my head, it's such an easy way to frame some flowers. I think this stencil is going to be well used!!
1. Lay the stencil onto white card stock and sponge Picked Raspberry & Salty Ocean Distress Inks through the stencil on the edges, fading into the centre.
2. Stamp a flower from the Fine Flowers Stamp Set on 140gsm vellum using StazOn jet black ink. Cut it out, turn it over and sponge Distress Ink picked raspberry on it, wipe excess ink off with a tissue.
3. Place the Dots stencil over the inked flower and sponge Distress ink salty ocean over it, let dry.
4. Stamp some leaves from the Carved Leaves Vol 2 Stamp set onto light green paper with Staz On Jet Black ink and trim out. Adhere to the dots background. Adhere the vellum flowers on top.
5. Stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Brushed Sentiments Stamp Set onto white card with Jet Black ink. Trim and adhere to the front as shown.
6. Mount the entire panel onto light blue card stock and then onto a vibrant blue card base to finish.
Darkroom Door Dots Small Stencil
Darkroom Door Fine Flowers Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Brushed Sentiments Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Carved Leaves Vol 2 Stamp Set
Distress Ink: Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean
StazOn Black Ink Pad
I love how it gives a graphic effect to the flowers, maybe a little pop art-ish? Contrasting colours work well. Have fun and give it a go!
Dots Stencil Birthday Card