27 September 2011
We'd like to share some projects using the Dear Santa collection - this has been a really popular collection, especially with Christmas just around the corner! I altered the vintage images using a Polaroid Transfer technique to make them unique for Darkroom Door. Together they form a beautiful collection of Santa images and stamps for us to use on our Christmas projects this year!
Let's take a look at some artwork:
From Rachel: I stamped the Santa from Dear Santa Vol 1 set using Archival Olive ink, mounted onto brown and red cardstock. Added some antique brads to the corners. Merry Christmas was stamped in Archival Vermillion ink and adhered to red cardstock. I used some mesh underneath, just adhered with double sided tape under the stamped parts so you can't see the adhesive. Then adhered the stamped pieces using foam dots.
Here's some projects with Dear Santa Vol 2 stamp set:
From Teresa: I have used some papers from a My Mind's Eye 6x6 pad, some Stampin' Up ribbon, and some shiny red berries for this card. The Santa image is stamped with Black Cherry StazOn ink, and given an aged look with some Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. I was careful not to sponge ink over Santa's face, leaving it as a bit of a highlight.
From Teresa: I love using kraft cardstock. Here I've stamped the Santa image and 25 Dec from the new Dear Santa set using Midnight Blue StazOn ink. I have placed this image over some corrugated cardboard, and attached various trims and a brad from My Mind's Eye. The patterned paper is Graphic45. The Santa image is perfect for achieving a vintage look.
From Rachel: I wanted to create a really simple card that could be produced in large quantities for those of us who have lots of cards to send out but don't have a lot of time to dedicate to intricate cards. Simply stamped the sentiment in the centre of the cardstock in Archival Vermillion ink, then stamped around the edges with the pine branch. I've stamped a couple of times without re-inking to give that shadow effect which softens it a little. Adhered the stamped panel onto red cardstock, then onto the green card using foam adhesive to give it a little lift!
Teresa has done a similar idea with a few more elements... I love the bells and charms!
From Teresa: The fonts used for the words in this set are wonderfully vintage, and make a great centrepiece for a card. Here I've used Olive StazOn ink to repeatedly stamp the branch for the background. I have used some Nestabilities to die cut shapes, and sponged Frayed Burlap Distress Ink to age the pieces. I added a gold bow and a bell to finish the card. A design like this would be great for mass production of this year's Christmas cards. Here's some alternative sentiments:
Aren't they stunning! The hardest part this year is choosing which card to make!!
Here's some ideas using some of the Montage images:
From Teresa: I used some of the gorgeous Olive Precious Metal Colour to paint the chipboard tag and some gauze. The binding agents in the paint adhere the gauze to the chipboard without the need for glue. I applied the paint with a sponge. Although there is some gold shimmer in the paint, I highlighted the texture with some Inka Gold.
From Sarah: I cut out three of the large images from the Montage and distressed the edges with a paper distresser. Adhered them to the card and added a wordstrip.
From Michelle: I stamped the Christmas Word Block Stamp on red patterned paper using Ranger Archival 'Library Green' Ink and Sparkle Embossing Powder then used a variety of borders from a Kaisercraft paper pad. I mounted the main image from the Montage with foam tape for dimension. I then finished by placing the Wordstrips on a paper tab and attaching with foam tape.
Here's an ATC from Michelle too: