Hi everyone! It's Suzz here today with some projects to share!
I grew up in the Midwest in America and there was farm land all around us. When I saw the new Country Windmill stamp I was in love. It brought back so many memories of the old buildings and windmills spotted across the fields of crops.
I was inspired to create a tag and a card using similar techniques:
I have been seeing some beautiful paintings created using Alcohol Inks. I wanted to create a sky scape using alcohol inks as a background to my windmill.
Steps for the background:
- Drip 3 drops of black alcohol ink on felt applicator. Add 2 drops of alcohol blending solution.
- Smear the black ink along the bottom half of the glossy cardstock.
- Drip 3 drips of rust alcohol ink on felt applicator. Add 2 drops of alcohol blending solution.
- Dab over black colored surface of glossy cardstock.
- Drip 3 drops of yellow alcohol ink on felt applicator. Add 2 drops of alcohol blending solution.
- Smear yellow over top half of cardstock. Re-apply alcohol ink as needed to cover top half of glossy cardstock.
- Drip 3 drops of orange alcohol ink on felt applicator. Add 2 drops of alcohol blending solution.
- Dab orange ink across yellow surface. Re-apply alcohol ink as needed.
- Repeat process mixing in caramel, yellow and orange until the background is as desired.
- Drip 3 drops of black alcohol ink on felt applicator. Add a few drops of alcohol blending solution.
- Dab over bottom half and along the line between the orange and black.
- Stamp weeds/flowers using Black StazOn along top of black.
- Stamp the Corrugated Iron over the background using StazOn - Timber Brown.
- Stamp the word Home using StazOn on acetate. Attach with clip on the side.
- Stamp the sentiment along the left side using StazOn.
For my card I used the same background but added a house in the front.
I added a house colored with a hint of golden brown to my scene on the card. I also stamped the windmill on acetate using StazOn. I cut out the top and pop dotted to attach. I then added a brad to cover the pop dot.
Products: Darkroom Door - Home Sweet Home, Country Windmill, Corrugated Iron,
Ranger Alcohol Inks - Caramel, Rust, Black, Yellow, Orange, Raffia, Watercolor Pencil, Waterbrush, Alcohol blending solution, StazOn - Black, Timber Brown, Ranger Distress Ink Walnut Stain, Brads