For both cards I had some fun dipping into paints to colour the Line Art ladies and also creating washes of colour for the backgrounds.
The instructions apply to both cards.
1. The pots of Twinkling H20s need to be misted with water to wake them up. Make this your first step as you can start your stamping preparations while they wake themselves up!
2. Tear Hot Press watercolour paper to required size. Ink up Line Art stamp with Jet Black Staz-on.
3. Paint the stamped image with a fine detail watercolour brush. Leave to dry or heat set with heat gun before selecting a larger watercolour brush to paint washes of colour for the background. Work loosely, allowing the paint to drip down the panel but be careful, you do not want the washes to touch your painted lady. Heat set.
4. Tear muslin into small strips. Paint with Twinkling H20s. Leave to dry.
5. Stamp Texture Stamp Splatters with Staz-on. For Strawberry Lady also stamp Splatters with Distress Ink. Randomly stamp Scratches. Adhere painted muslin strips with Gel Medium, leave to dry before swiping Gesso with old credit card.
6. Adhere watercolour panel to cardbase and finally swipe Distress Paint Black Soot onto edges.
Darkroom Door Strawberry Lady Line Art Stamp
Darkroom Door Cherry Apple Lady Line Art Stamp
Darkroom Door Splatter Texture Stamp
Darkroom Door Scratches Background Stamp
Staz-on Jet Black
Distress Ink: Worn Lipstick
Distress Paint: Black Soot
Golden Gel Medium
Thanks for stopping by today and remember, you can catch-up with Darkroom Door news by signing up for the newsletter.
Until next time,