Hi there! Today we are sharing projects using the Cassette Tape Eclectic Stamp! This stamp is a great way to remember the good old days of mix tapes, walkmans and portable tape players! Oh and not to mention tangled tape that needed winding up with a pencil! Let's take a look at how this stamp can be used . . .
Here are two cards by Belinda Spencer:
1. Apply Magenta Hue Ranger Archival Ink to the sheet music stamp from the Melody Rubber Stamp Set and stamp on a piece of smooth white cardstock cut to 10cm x 14cm. Continue stamping until the whole piece is covered. Use an ink blending tool to apply Spiced Marmalade and Picked Raspberry Tim Holtz Distress Inks. Stick this piece down on a black cardstock card base.
2. Stamp the Cassette Tape Eclectic Stamp on white cardstock using Jet Black Ranger Archival Ink. Cut out the cassette tape. Stamp the Cassette Tape again using Monarch Ornage Archival Ink. Fussy cut the label only and stick down on top of the first cassette tape. Add 3D foam to the back of the tape and add to the card front. Add the Feel the rhythm quote from the Music Wordstrip to the tape.
3. Stamp some music notes from the Melody Rubber Stamp Set using the Magenta Hue, Monarch Orange and Jet Black inks. Fussy cut and add to the card front.
4. Stamp the quote from the Melody Rubber Stamp Set and cut out the Love, Dance and Sing words. Stick down on the card.
5. Stamp three sharp symbols from the Melody stamp set using Jet Black ink. Cut out and add to the card front.
Here's another great idea by Belinda for a party invite or birthday bash!
1. Apply the Chevron Background Stamp to a piece of smooth white cardstock cut to 10cm x 14cm using Archival inks in three different shades of blue. Use an ink blending tool to apply Broken China and Black Soot Tim Holtz Distress Inks. Ink the edges with Black Soot and then stick this piece down on a black cardstock card base.
2. Stamp the streamers border from the Party Time Rubber Stamp Set at the top of the card using Jet Black Ranger Archival Ink.
3. Stamp the Cassette Tape Eclectic Stamp onto smooth white cardstock using the Jet Black ink. Cut out and add to the card front using 3D foam.
4. Cut out the Party Mix letters from the Alpha 1 Alphastrip. Stick down on the cassette tape. *TIP: Add double sided tape to the back of your Alphastrip first so that when you cut your letters out, you create a letter sticker. This saves messing around with glue.
5. Stamp three music notes from the Melody Rubber Stamp Set using the Jet Black ink. Fussy cut and add to the card front.
6. Cut out letters from the Robots Wordstrip to create the sentiment at the top of the card. Stick down over the top of the streamers.
Teresa Abajo has created mini album covers with the Cassette Tape, a great way to share memories between friends!
I thought I'd make a little album for a friend I have had for a very long time. The handles look like the tape has unraveled on the cassette. I won't show the album with photos in it - the hair's too big and the fashion too 80s! Ha!
1. Stamp the Cassette Tape Eclectic stamp onto orange cardstock using Archival Jet Black ink. Cut out leaving a small border around the image.
2. Concertina fold some strips of patterned paper to fit inside, and attach with thin black ribbon handles.
3. Cut white cardstock to fit on each page, stamping each with a different Texture Stamp in Archival Venetian Orange ink.
4. Give the little album a title using Archival Watering Can ink and the Alphabet Medley stamp set.
Another great idea from Teresa:
1. Stamp the Sunshine Background stamp in Archival Aquamarine on white card.
2. Stamp the Cassette Tape Eclectic stamp in Archival Jet Black ink onto white card and cut out leaving a small border. Adhere to Sunshine Background.
3. Stamp out the sentiment using letters from the Alphabet Medley stamp set in Archival Jet Black ink. Stitch the larger letters across the top with a sewing machine.
4. Mount this onto black cardstock then onto a white card.
Robyn Wood has created two fun cards:
Stamp Darkroom Door Sheet Music stamp onto white cardstock using sepia Archival ink and trim to approx. 9.5cm square. Sponge with Vintage Photo Distress ink, leaving the centre paler and distress the edges. Trim some teal cardstock to approx. 10 x 13.5cm leaving a torn bottom edge, distress the edges and mount onto craft card front. Affix sheet music panel to the upper part of the card. Stamp ‘Dare to Dream’ onto white cardstock using black Archival ink and sponge with Vintage Photo Distress ink. Trim, layer with brown cardstock and mount using foam tape onto card front beneath music panel. Stamp Darkroom Door Cassette Tape Eclectic Stamp onto white cardstock using black Archival ink. Sponge with Antique Linen Distress ink to colour and trim closely. Affix to card at an angle.
Stamp record from Darkroom Door Rockstar stamp set randomly onto a 9cm square of white cardstock using black Archival ink. Round the corners and layer with yellow cardstock (corners rounded) and affix to the left side of a pink card front. Stamp Darkroom Door Cassette Tape Eclectic stamp onto white cardstock using black Archival ink and highlight some areas with a white crayon. Sponge with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink - the white crayon will resist the ink and give some areas of highlight. Trim closely and mount onto orange cardstock and trim that layer to the cassette shape, affix over record panel using foam tape. Stamp words ‘Rock & Roll’ from the same set onto white cardstock using black Archival ink, trim closely and add to card front.
And finally, an unraveled tape card by Rachel Greig:
1. Stamp Cassette Tape onto white cardstock with Archival Jet Black ink pad.
2. Stamp Rock & Roll from the Rockstar Stamp Set beneath the stamped cassette using Archival Vermillion ink pad.
3. Draw some loopy tape from the cassette to resemble tape that has unwound from the cassette.
4. Mount stamped panel onto red cardstock then onto a folded black card.
Darkroom Door Cassette Tape Eclectic Stamp
Darkroom Door Melody Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Rockstar Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Party Time Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Alphabet Medley Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Dream Catchers Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Sheet Music Background Stamp
Darkroom Door Chevron Background Stamp
Darkroom Door Sunshine Background Stamp
Darkroom Door Music Paper Collection
Darkroom Door Robot Paper Collection
Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black, Magenta Hue, Monarch Orange, Aquamarine, Cobalt, Cornflower Blue, Vermillion, Venetian Orange, Watering Can
Distress Ink: Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Black Soot, Broken China, Vintage Photo, Antique Linen
Ink Blending Tool
Ink Blending Foam
Thanks for stopping by today! We'd love to hear your own memories of cassette tapes! Please share in the comments below.