27 March 2015
Hi! Belinda here today to share two tags I created using the new Buttons Texture Stamp on kraft tags to create a shabby chic/vintage look.
1. Add some Spun Sugar and Picket Fence Tim Holtz Distress Paint as well as Brushed Pewter Distress Stain to a Ranger Non-stick Craft Sheet. Spritz with water using a Ranger Mister Bottle. Swipe a #8 Ranger Kraft Tag through the paint to create a marbled effect. Dry with a heat gun. Press the tag back onto the paint to pick up a little more colour. Dry and repeat until you have adequate coverage. Ensure that the tag is COMPLETELY DRY for the next step.
2. Apply the Buttons Texture Stamp onto the tag using Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Ink. Sprinkle over some Detail White Stampendous Embossing Powder and shake off the excess. Heat set with a heat gun. Repeat these steps on another kraft tag or piece of kraft cardstock and fussy cut 5 individual buttons. Colour them with a little diluted Spun Sugar Tim Holtz Distress Paint. Dry and then top with Glossy Acents. Allow to dry.
3. Apply the Plaid Background Stamp onto a scrap of kraft cardstock using the embossing ink. Heat set with white embossing powder. Tear off a strip and add to the right hand side of the tag.
4. Layer a crochet doily over the top of the Plaid stamped piece and secure using a tiny attacher.
5. Apply the sweet booties stamp from the Hello Baby Vol 1 stamp set onto kraft cardstock using the embossing ink. Heat set with white embossing powder and swipe through a little diluted Spun Sugar Distress Paint. Cut the booties out and separate. Distress the edges. Add to the tag with a little 3D foam added behind the top bootie.
6. Add the fussy cut buttons to the tag along with some real buttons that have been threaded with pink embroidery thread. Add some ribbons to the top of the card.
7. Lastly heat emboss your sentiment using white embossing powder onto kraft cardstock. Cut out and add to the tag using 3D foam. Add a little hand stitching to the corners of the tag.
Here's another tag I've created in a similar style but this time I have embossed the Buttons Texture Stamp using a clear embossing powder and added Picket Fence Distress Stain over the top.
Supplies used for both tags:
Darkroom Door Buttons Texture Stamp
Darkroom Door Hello Baby Vol 1 Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Dressmaker Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Alphabet Medley Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Plaid Background Stamp
TIM HOLTZ Distress Spray Stain Picket Fence
TIM HOLTZ Distress Paint Picket Fence/Spun Sugar
TIM HOLTZ Distress Stain Picket Fence/Brushed Pewter
TIM HOLTZ Distress Embossing Ink
RANGER Inkssentials #8 Size Kraft Tags
RANGER Non-Stick Craft Mat
RANGER Mister Bottle
RANGER Glossy Accents
RANGER Melt Art UTEE Clear
RANGER Archival Ink Tree Branch
STAMPENDOUS Embossing Powder White Detail
Thank you so much for stopping by the blog and checking out my tags today. I hope they inspire you to get creative with your Texture Stamps too. Don't forget to check back soon for some more inspiration from the Creative Team.