First I made an ATC box and eight little cards:
The Bright Blossoms stamps are just the right size for the Sizzix Artist Trading Cards Box die. I die cut it from white mat board and stamped one of the flowers on the front and the second at the back, with Archival Jet Black ink. The flowers were watercoloured with Distress Ink. Smear two or three ink pads on your craft sheet, mist with a little bit of water and apply with a paint brush. The amount of water determines the darkness of the ink. I coloured the surrounding area the same way. The box was embellished with Bright Blossoms Wordstrips and die cut butterflies which were coloured with Viva Decor Inka Gold Platinum.
Here you can see the back of the box, with the second stamp in the set.
I stamped the sides and the lid with one sentiment from Bright Blossoms Vol 1, one from Bold Blossoms, and one from All Occasions. The little flowers come from Wildflowers Vol 1 and were stamped with Broken China Distress Ink.
The second side of the box, this is a Bright Blossoms sentiment.
I wanted to make the flowers really bright and happy and used different Distress Inks to watercolour them and the borders around them. All the cards were embellished with a butterfly and a wordstrip. I picked words that worked together with the sentiment stamped on the back of each card.
To use up all the ink, I misted it a bit more, and smeared the backs of the cards into the left-over ink. When dry, I stamped sentiments on the cards, using all the sentiments in the set. I also added some texture by stamping the Stone Background Stamp with one of the inks used to colour the backgrounds.
I also made two cards, which have a more vintage look:
Here I stamped the flower with Versamark ink on vellum and embossed with white powder. A bit of Gathered Twigs Distress Ink was sponged at the back of the flower, making it darker in the centre. The flower was layered on top of an old book paper, with the title showing at the top ('The Paper Palace'). I loved how it turned out.
The Bright Blossoms flowers fit so well inside the Regal Frame Stamp. The frame was stamped with Archival Coffee ink on cream cardstock, cut out and inked a bit. A sentiment from Bright Blossoms was stamped on a tattered banner and stapled to the card.
As a background, I embossed a piece of cream cardstock and smeared Viva Inka Gold Old Silver on top of the embossed areas. It is hard to capture the shimmer on a photo, it looks really nice in real life. The die cut butterflies got the same treatment.
The second card:
I made a second version of the card too. Here the frame was embossed with Verdigris embossing powder and the flower was stamped with Coffee ink on manila cardstock, which had been inked with Distress Stains. The frame was cut out and inked with Black Soot Distress Ink around the edges. For the background, the Sheet Music Background Stamp was stamped on vellum with Stazon Jet Black. I inked the vellum at the back with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and distressed it around the edges. The sentiment was stamped on another piece of inked manila cardstock die cut into an oval. Love this sentiment.
The butterfly was die cut from cream cardstock, coloured with Viva Inka Gold Old Silver and stamped with the French Script Background Stamp using Timber Brown Stazon. I placed foam dots under the wings to give it some dimension.
Thank you for looking!
Bright Blossoms Vol 1 stamp set projects by Anna-Karin Evaldsson