Hi, I'm Heather Telford and I am happy to be sharing here on the Darkroom Door blog today. I have chosen one of the floral stamps from the new Botanical Script Rubber Stamp Set and coloured it in a couple of different ways.
1.Stamp flower from Botanical Script set on hot pressed watercolour paper in vintage photo ink. With a small damp watercolour paint brush blend the ink from the outline of the petals into each petal one at a time.
2 .Press some abandoned coral distress ink on your craft mat. While each petal is wet pick up some abandoned coral ink and drop it into the petal. Blend and with brush and add extra ink in the areas you want darker. Dry petals.
3. Paint the centre of the flower with water to intensify the vintage photo ink. When dry paint the middle with black soot ink.
4. Paint over the leaves and lace with water to intensify the colour.
5. Mat panel with co-ordinating brown cardstock and wrap some linen thread around panel.
6. Attach finished panel to a natural coloured card base.
1. Stamp whole flower stamp from Botanical script set on hot pressed watercolour paper in versafine smokey grey ink. Stamp the flower again on a scrap of the same paper making sure to include all the flower; the rest of the image will not be needed.
2. On larger panel stamp sentiment stamp from same set below floral image in versafine smokey grey ink.
3. Paint the flower on the larger panel in broken china distress stain. Let dry. Paint petals of second flower one by one with broken china distress stain and add mermaid lagoon distress stain to darken the petals and add definition. Layer colour until it is intense.
4. Dry panel then paint liquid metal 'Metallic Sky' over the petals.
5. Paint centre of flower with 'wink of luna' black marker taking care to leave centre pattern white.
6. Cut out the painted flower and pop it up over flower on larger panel. Mat panel with co-ordinating cardstock and attach to natural coloured card base.
Darkroom Door Botanical Script Stamp Set
Hot pressed watercolour paper
Versafine smokey grey ink
broken china distress stain
mermaid lagoon distress stain
black wink of luna marker
Ken Oliver Metallic Sky liquid metal
Thanks so much for stopping by today!