Hi, it’s Anneke De Clerck here today to share some projects featuring the brand new Baby Sentiment Stamp! In my opinion the new Sentiment Stamps are a great addition to the Darkroom Door collection. I love the narrow strips of text!
Below I’m showing you a few cards on which I used the stamp entirely as well as some cards on which I used parts of the stamp.
1. Ink up the Triangles Background Stamp with Distress Ink Dried Marigold, Squeezed Lemonade, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Broken China, Cracked Pistachio and Iced Spruce. Tap straight onto the stamp with the inkpads. Spray with water and put a panel of watercolour paper on top to make a print. Set aside to dry.
2. Overstamp the print with the Stitched Threads Frame Stamp using black ink. Trim the panel to size and distress the edges with a paper distresser.
3. Stamp various sentiments from the Baby Sentiment Stamps using Distress Ink Dried Marigold, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Cracked Pistachio and Broken China. Cut out and distress the edges with a paper distresser.
4. Assemble the card as shown. ‘Pin’ the sentiments to the ‘notice-board’ using enamel dots.
5. Add black stamping using small stamps from the Hello Baby Vol 1 set.
Here are two cards using the stamp as a strip:
1. Fold 2 cards from a sheet of Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper. Start by stamping a pattern on the cards using small stamps. The spiral is from the Grunge Marks set, the flower is from the Whimsical Words set. Use a light-colored pink ink. Start stamping in the centre of the cards and work your way to the edges.
2. Stamp the Baby Sentiment Stamp on top using black ink.
3. Round the bottom corners with a corner chomper.
4. Finish the cards off by wrapping black thread around the front of the cards. Decorate with a matching embellishment.
1. Cut a 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4”) panel out of Ranger Watercolor Paper. Stamp a background with the Triangles Background Stamp as described above.
2. Stamp the Baby Sentiment Stamp on vellum using black ink and trim to size. Wrap the strip of vellum around the card and attach to the back of the card.
3. Mark the word ‘sweet’ with pink thread as shown. Attach it to the card using a mini wooden clothes peg.
Darkroom Door: Baby Sentiments Stamp
Darkroom Door: Triangles Background Stamp
Darkroom Door: Stitched Threads Frame Stamp
Darkroom Door: Hello Baby Vol 1 Rubber Stamps
Darkroom Door: Grunge Marks Rubber Stamps
Darkroom Door: Whimsical Words Rubber Stamps
Archival Ink: Jet Black, Pink Peony
Distress Inks: Dried Marigold, Squeezed Lemonade, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Broken China, Cracked Pistachio, Iced Spruce
Lawn Fawn: Lawn Fawndamentals Ballet Slippers
Ranger: Watercolor Paper
Ranger: Specialty Stamping Paper
Thanks for stopping by!