Hi, it’s Belinda Spencer here today to share a couple of Aussie style Christmas Cards featuring the stunning Glass Dome Frame Stamp. I tried to create the look of a typical Australian Christmas in the blistering heat with these card with bright colours using Distress Inks.
1. Cut a piece of black cardstock measuring 14.5cm x 21cm. Fold in half to form the card base.
2. Cut a piece of smooth white cardstock measuring 10cm x 14cm. Apply the Christmas Script Background Stamp to this piece using Aquamarine Archival Ink. Apply a stamp from the Watery Washes Stamp Set to the bottom of this piece using the same ink. Dry with a heat gun.
3. Place the Sunshine Small Stencil over the stamped piece. Apply Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink over the top using an ink blending tool until you have the depth of colour required. Ink the edges of this piece with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink. Stick down on the card front.
4. On an extra piece of smooth white cardstock, stamp the Glass Dome Frame Stamp using Jet Black Archival Ink. Stamp the dome again on a piece of thin printer paper. Cut out the inside of the dome on the printer paper and use this piece as a mask. Place over the top of the image stamped on the cardstock and secure with a little bit of washi tape. Apply the Jet Black ink to the Surfboards Photo Stamp and stamp in the glass dome taking care not to have any of the frame around the surfboards image showing. Remove the mask and dry the image with a heat gun. Colour in the image using watercolour pencils and use a soft wet paintbrush to blend the colours. Cut out the dome once dry.
5. Stamp the Surfboards Photo Stamp again on smooth white cardstock using the Jet Black ink. Dry with a heat gun. Colour in the surfboards with the watercolour pencils, blend with a paintbrush and then dry with a heat gun. Fussy cut the surfboards and add to the glass dome using 3D foam.
6. Apply Distress Inks in Candied Apple and Mowed Lawn to the holly stamp in the Yuletide Vol. 1 Stamp Set. Stamp onto the extra smooth white cardstock. Dry with a heat gun and then fussy cut. Stick down on the left hand side of the card front. Stick down the glass dome using 3D foam.
7. Stamp the ‘Christmas’ sentiment from the Season’s Greetings Stamp Set using the Candied Apple ink. Dry with a heat gun and then fussy cut. Add to the card front using 3D foam. Stamp the ‘Down Under’ using the Alphabet Medley Stamp Set and the Mowed Lawn ink. Cut out and add to the card front with 3D foam. Stamp some Stars from the Stars Stamp Set using the Candied Apple ink. Fussy cut and stick down on the card front also.
Here’s another card I’ve called: ‘Christmas Down Under’ Summer Heat Glass Dome
1. Cut a piece of white cardstock measuring 14cm x 20cm. Fold in half to form the card base.
2. Cut a piece of smooth white cardstock measuring 9.5cm x 13.5cm. Apply the Christmas Script Background Stamp using Pale Ochre Archival Ink. Ink the edges with Fossilized Amber Distress Ink. Stick down on the card front. Glue on some messy yellow embroidery thread.
3. Stamp the Glass Dome Frame Stamp on some extra smooth white cardstock using Jet Black Archival Ink. Place the mask created for the previous card over the top and secure with a little washi tape. Use the Jet Black ink to stamp the Winter Tree inside the dome. Dry with a heat gun.
4. Place the Sunshine Small Stencil over the top and secure with washi tape. Apply Distress Inks in order of the lightest at the bottom to darkest at the top. Here’s what I used starting from the bottom: Fossilized Amber/Wild Honey/Abandoned Coral/Candied Apple. Remove the stencil and the mask and dry the ink with a heat gun. Next apply the Fossilized Amber ink lightly over the dome with an ink blending tool. Use Walnut Stain ink to colour the base of the dome. Cut out the dome and add to the card front using 3D foam.
5. Stamp the sentiment and stars as per the first card. Fussy cut and add to the card front.
Here’s a closer look at the main image and the layers:
Darkroom Door Glass Dome Frame Stamp
Darkroom Door Christmas Script Background Stamp
Darkroom Door Surfboards Photo Stamp
Darkroom Door Winter Tree Photo Stamp
Darkroom Door Alphabet Medley Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Yuletide Vol. 1 Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Stars Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Watery Washes Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Season’s Greetings Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Small Stencil - Sunshine
RANGER Archival Ink: Aquamarine, Jet Black, Pale Ochre
Distress Inks: Abandoned Coral, Candied Apple, Fossilized Amber, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, Squeezed Lemonade, Walnut Stain, Wild Honey
I hope you love the fabulous Glass Dome Stamp as much as I do. The fun is in finding which stamps you can fit inside!
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today.
Aussie Style Glass Dome Christmas Cards