Hello Darkroom Door fans! It’s Belinda Spencer here with you today to share a tag and two cards featuring the fabulous new Small Stencil Arty Triangles. My projects today also feature some fun origami creatures created using the Arty Triangles Collage Stamp.
1. Take a size 12 giant manilla tag and use an ink blending tool to apply various Distress Oxides in the colours of your choice. Here I have used a combination of Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers.
2. Apply the Arty Triangles Collage Stamp using Jet Black Ranger Archival Ink in various places around the tag. Dry the ink with a heat gun. Place the Arty Triangles Small Stencil over the stamped triangles and apply Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink using the ink blending tool. Add more stencilled triangles around the tag using the Mermaid Lagoon and Peacock feathers inks lightly. Flick some water over the tag to create a water stained effect. Dry with a heat gun.
3. Place the Arty Circles Small Stencil on the tag and apply white gesso over a few of the circles to create air bubbles. Wash your stencil straight away so the gesso doesn’t dry. Dry the stencil and then place back over the top of the gessoed circles. Use a fine black journaling pen to draw outlines around the air bubbles.
4. Use the air bubbles stamp from the Under The Sea Rubber Stamp Set and the Jet Black ink to stamp more air bubbles. Colour them white using a white paint pen such as a Uni Posca Pen.
5. Stamp a quote from the Seaside Vol 2 Rubber Stamp Set repeatedly over the tag using the Jet Black ink.
6. Stamp the Arty Triangles Collage Stamp on some extra smooth white cardstock using the Jet Black ink. Apply double-sided tape to the back of the stamped images to make it easier to stick them down later. Fussy cut each individual triangle and then play around with them to create an origami fish shape. Draw in an eye. Stick them down on some extra white cardstock and then cut out. Add to the tag using 3D foam.
7. Stamp a seahorse and a couple of fish from the Under The Sea Rubber Stamp set using the Jet Black ink. Fussy cut and add to the tag using 3D foam.
8. Stamp the sentiment on extra white cardstock using the Jet Black ink. Cut out, ink the edges with Peacock Feathers ink and add to the tag. Finish by adding some sequins and water droplets using Glossy Accents or Nuvo Crystal Drops.
Here are two cards I have created in the same style:
Arty Triangles Origami Animals