Hi, it's Belinda here today to share both an art journal page and a card using the fabulous new Arty Triangles Collage Stamp. This is such a versatile and cool stamp! Let's have a look at how I used it.
1.Take a #12 Dylusions Journaling Tag. Apply Distress Inks in Broken, Fossilized Amber, Seedless Preserves and Spiced Marmalade using an ink blending tool. Spritz the whole tag with water to help the colours blend. Lift the tag at the top to allow the inks to run down the tag. Dry with a heat gun. Flick some water over the surface using your fingertips and dry again.
2. Apply a combination of Darkroom Door stamps to the surface of the tag including the brand new Arty Triangles Collage Stamp using Jet Black Ranger Archival Ink. Blend Black Soot Distress Ink around the edges of the tag using an ink blending tool.
3. Stamp the Arty Triangles again twice on another piece of smooth cardstock. Also stamp your chosen quote. Apply the same inks to these stamped images. Draw a freehand border around the quote and cut out. Also cut out some of the triangles. Glue all pieces onto the art journal tag. Add a little washi tape for added interest.
4. Use the same ink blending technique to apply the same ink colours to your art journal page as well as the back of the tag. Here I have used a Smash Album and added the colours to a complementary page in the album. Stamp the Numbers Border Stamp or any of the super cool new border stamps to the edge of the page in the album. Add some the same washi tape to tie in with the tag.
5. Score a fold on the left hand side of the tag. Tape onto the art journal page along this edge and add washi tape to decorate the edge.
Darkroom Door Arty Triangles Collage Stamp
Darkroom Door Numbers Border Stamp
Darkroom Door Creativity Quote Stamp
Darkroom Door Artist Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Big Numbers Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Fun & Games Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Scratched Alphabet Rubber Stamp Set
Dylusions Journaling Tags #12 Size
Archival Ink Jet Black
Distress Ink: Black Soot, Broken China, Fossilized Amber, Seedless Preserves, Spiced Marmalade
For my second project, I wanted to use the Arty Triangles Collage Stamp in a different way to create a sweet little banner.
1. Cut a piece of kraft cardstock 12.5cm x 19cm and fold in half to form the card base.
2. Cut a piece of watercolour paper 9cm x 12cm. Distress the edges and ink with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink. Stick down on the card base.
3. Apply Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pen Big Brush in Orange Glaze to the Plaid Texture Stamp. Spritz the stamp with water and stamp on the watercolour paper. Scribble the pen onto an acryic block and use a wet paintbrush to pick up some of this colour and flick over the watercolour papr. Dry with a heat gun.
4. Use Venetian Orange Archival Ink to stamp 'fly' (from the Steampunk Rubber Stamp Set) repeatedly down the left hand side of the watercolour piece.
5. Apply the Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Big Brush Pens in Black, Deep Scarlett Red, Nougat and Orange Glaze to the Robin Eclectic Stamp. Spritz the stamp with water and apply to a piece of smooth white cardstock or watercolour paper. Dry with a heat gun before fussy cutting. Add to the card front using 3D foam.
6. Use the same pens to colour a leaf from the Carved Leaves Vol 1 Rubber Stamp Set. Stamp the leaf three times, dry with the heat gun and then cut out. Glue onto the card front.
7. Stamp the Arty Triangles onto some smooth white cardstock using Jet Black Archival Ink. Dry the ink with the heat gun before adding colour using the pens. Blend with a wet paintbrush. Dry off with the heat gun and then cut out 5 of the smallest triangles to create a banner.
8. Use the Venetian Orange ink to stamp the love heart circle from the Simply Circles Rubber Stamp Set. Cut out and add to the card front with 3D foam. Add some kitchen twine around the circle and extending across the front of the card. Glue the Arty Triangles onto the twine. Stamp the word 'fly' again using Jet Black ink. Cut out and add to the card using 3D foam.
Darkroom Door Arty Triangles Collage Stamp
Darkroom Door Robin Eclectic Stamp
Darkroom Door Plaid Texture Stamp
Darkroom Door Steampunk Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Simply Circles Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Carved Leaves Vol. 1 Rubber Stamp Set
Archival Ink: Jet Black, Venetian Orange
Distress Ink: Spiced Marmalade
FABER-CASTELL Pitt Artist Pen Big Brush: 113 Orange Glaze, 178 Nougat, 199 Black, 219 Deep Scarlett Red
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today!
Arty Triangles Art Journal & Card