On my first card I combined stamps from the Artist Palette set with the small Sunshine Stencil. Here's how I made it:
- Create a background on smooth watercolor paper using Distress Paints and water on a craft sheet. I chose bright yellows. Let dry.
- Sponge the bottom part of the background through the small Sunshine stencil. Archival ink works great on acrylic paint. Ink the edges. The blue ink I used turned green on the yellow background.
- Stamp the palette on smooth cardstock using Archival Ink Shadow Grey and cut out. Stamp the brushes once more, using black ink and cut them out.
- Make a tiny cut in the palette for the black brushes, and put them in place. Color the brushes with Distress Markers
- Add dots of Enamel Accents to the palette
- Stamp the quote with black ink, and cut apart
- Stamp the large word "ART" from the set onto the palette, to replace "art" from the quote
- Arrange the elements on the background and glue everything in place
- Glue the finished panel onto green cardstock, and then onto a white card.
Supplies I used:
Darkroom Door Stamp Set: Artist Palette
Distress Paints: Wild Honey, Mustard Seed
Darkroom Door Small Stencil: Sunshine
Archival Inkpads: Shadow Grey, Jet Black, Forget-Me-Not
Mini Ink Blending Tool
Enamel Accents: Classic Cherry, Cheese Puff, Lemon Twist, Electric Lime, Caribbean Coast, Blue Ribbon, Pink Gumball, White, Black
My second project is a triptych. But the panels could be used separately to create 3 cards. Here's how I made it:
- Score the black cardstock to create a trifold
- Cut 3 pieces of smooth white cardstock to size
- Color the panels, using Distress Paints and ink blending tools
- Stamp the paint tubes, jar and palette with Archival inks. Use several colors to ink the "paint"
- Add color to the paint tubes, by sponging the same Archival inks through a mask. Cut the tubes out
- Yellow panel: Stamp the lines from the Calendar set using black Archival ink, and "ART" at the top of the panel
- Cut a circle from white cardstock, large enough to stamp the quote on it with black ink. Glue the circle and paint tube in place and adhere the panel to the black card
- Blue panel: Choose a stamp from the Brush Strokes set to stamp the background
- Glue the jar and paint tubes in place
- Stamp "create" from the Simply Circles set using Dandelion Archival ink and "ART" with black ink. Cut these out and glue them in place on the blue panel
- Red panel: Stamp the Splatter Background stamp onto the sponged background using Archival ink.
- Glue the paint tubes and palette in place and add some Grunge Marks in black.
Supplies I used:
Darkroom Door Stamp Sets: Artist Palette, Calendar, Simply Circles, Brush Strokes, Grunge Marks
Darkroom Door Background Stamp: Splatter
Distress Inkpads: Wild Honey, Scattered Straw, Candied Apple, Broken China
Archival Inkpads: Jet Black, Dandelion, Leaf Green, Carnation Red, Manganese Blue
Ink Blending Tools
Sizzix Tim Holtz Framelits: Stitched Circles
Thanks so much for stopping by!