Hi there! It's Rachel Greig here with you today sharing two cards using the new Artist Brushes and Artist Palette Stamp Sets! I have designed a lot of 'art supplies' stamps over the years and it seems stampers love them and keep requesting more! This time I wanted the stamps to be as large as possible, so they could be used as bold centrepieces for cards or on art journal pages, scrapbooks, mixed media pieces and more.
I had a lot of fun designing these and now it's even more fun being able to use them! Here is my first card from the Artist Brushes set:
1. Choose 3 co-ordinating Archival ink pads (I chose Chrome Yellow, Fern Green and Aquamarine) and stamp the little brushstroke stamp repeatedly all over a piece of white card stock. I started with the Chrome Yellow ink and left some white spaces to allow me to stamp the other colours to fill in the gaps. Distress the edges with a paper distresser and adhere to a folded white card.
2. Stamp the large paintbrush onto white card stock using Archival Jet Black ink. Lightly colour the handle of the brush with Antique Linen Distress Marker. Trim the brush image with scissors. Squeeze out some paint from Dina Wakley Media Lemon, Lime and Sky tubes of paint to make it look like the brush has been dipped in paint. Allow to dry, and adhere to the front of the card.
3. Stamp the sentiment onto white card stock with Archival Jet Black ink and trim around the edges. Distress the edges with a paper distresser and adhere to the card with foam adhesive for a little dimension.
Darkroom Door Artist Brushes Rubber Stamps
Archival Inks: Jet Black, Chrome Yellow, Fern Green and Aquamarine
Dina Wakley Media Paint: Lime, Lemon, Sky
Next up is a card using the Artist Palette Stamp Set:
1. Create a background using Distress Oxide inks on Specialty Stamping Paper. To do this, swipe the inks onto a non-stick craft sheet and ist with water. Place the paper into the ink and move around a little before lifting up. Allow to dry. Adhere to black card stock then onto a folded white card.
2. Stamp the brushes in jar stamp onto white card stock with Archival Jet Black ink. Swipe some light colours of distress ink onto a non-stick craft sheet and pick up the ink with an aquash brush to colour in the brushes on the image. Repeat until the entire image is coloured to your liking. Trim around the image with scissors and adhere to the card with foam adhesive.
3. Stamp the sentiment onto white card stock with Archival Jet Black ink and trim around the edges. Adhere to black card stock then onto the card with foam adhesive for a little dimension.
Darkroom Door Artist Palette Rubber Stamps
Archival Ink: Jet Black
Distress Oxide Inks
Specialty Stamping Paper
Aquash water brush
Thanks for stopping by today!