Hi, it’s Anneke de Clerck here. Today I have two cards to share that I’ve made with the new Alphabet Texture Stamp. I’m a big fan of the Darkroom Door Texture Stamps. I use them often on my cards, in my art journals and on my mixed media projects. Stamping with texture stamps is a simple way to add interest to a project.
1. Paint a card panel as shown with pink, orange, yellow and magenta paint using a flat brush. Make sure to leave some white space.
2. Overstamp the painted background randomly with the Alphabet Texture stamp using light blue paint.
3. Attach a strip of blank paper tape to a non sticky surface and overstamp with the Alphabet Texture Stamp using violet paint. Let dry and add pieces of torn tape to the card.
4. Stamp the tulip twice on white paper, cut out and glue to the card. Stamp the wish straight onto the card.
5. Finish the card off with a button.
Here's another card:
1. Apply green paint to the top of a card panel, spray water on top and let the paint drip. Repeat this step using yellow, pink, orange and light blue paint. Dry with a heat gun in between steps.
2. Load the Alphabet Texture Stamp with several colors of paint using your fingers and stamp randomly.
3. Attach a strip of blank paper tape to a non sticky surface and overstamp with the Alphabet Texture Stamp using Archival Ink Jet Black. Adhere the strip to the bottom of the card
4. Create marks by stamping with a lid and white paint and by scribbling with a black pen.
5. Stamp the Daisy on a scrap of paper, cut out and glue to the card.
6. Finish the card off with embroidery thread and buttons.
Darkroom Door Alphabet Texture Stamp
Darkroom Door Full Bloom Vol 1 Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Simple Sayings Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Daisy Eclectic Stamp
Archival Ink: Jet Black
Talens Amsterdam Acrylic Paint: Persian Rose, Sky Blue Light, Primary Yellow, Azo Orange,
Golden Fluid Acrylics: Quinacridone Magenta, Permanent Violet Dark
Dylusions Paint: Fresh Lime
Dina Wakley Media: paper tape
Thanks for looking!
Alphabet Texture Stamp Cards