Hello, Lynne here today sharing two very speedy cards to make for Christmas! Both cards have minimal stamping but maximum sparkle.
1. Start by spraying the Tarnished Gold mica spray onto seam binding. Once dry tie into bows to top the star and baubles. In the meantime ...
2. Ink up bauble or star with Versamark ink, stamping onto white cardstock and heat embossing with gold embossing powder. Add extra shimmer with a sprinkle of Glamour Dust.
3. For the star card also stamp Noel onto white cardstock, again heat embossing with the gold embossing powder. Paper punch tag shape and edge with Glamour Dust.
4. Generously apply mica flakes to cardbases, shaking off excess and leaving to dry for a moment.
5. Follow the photographs to assemble the cards, suspending the baubles with the sparkly embroidery thread.
- I recommend a good quality white cardstock of 300 gsm or above.
- The scallop edged cardbases I used are purchased (I do not own a die-cutting machine) but I am sure you could easily die-cut your cardbase if you have a machine.
- Adhering the star/baubles to cardbase with silicone glue or foam pads creates extra dimension.
Darkroom Door Brushed Christmas Vol 1 Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Brushed Christmas Vol 2 Rubber Stamp Set
Ranger gold embossing powder
DecoArt Glamour Dust – Gold
Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mica Spray – Tarnished Gold
Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mica Flakes – gold and Tarnished Brass
Silicone glue/foam pads
White seam binding
Tag paper punch
White scallop edged cardbases
Flat back pearls
Sparkly embroidery thread
I like that the cards have a sense of old style glamour but also would be perfect to send to anyone who likes contemporary design.
Until next time,
All That Glitters Christmas Cards