11 March 2010
Today we're taking a look at the From The Kitchen stamp set:
For anyone who does home-baked cooking - this one is for you! I've actually had this stamp set designed for a while (like over a year) but I wanted it to be released with other 'home' style stamps, like the Fashionable set with all the sewing and fabric elements. I must be in a 'homely and vintage' mood this release!! So I saved this set until it was the right time - which is now!! I have so many ideas for this set, but have only been able to whip up a couple of quick ones to share.
Firstly, a recipe book:
I had a SEI 6x6 mini album that was in my stash, and just perfect for making into a recipe book to hold my favourite recipes. I stamped the whisk, rolling pin and wooden spoon on the front with Black Staz On ink. The large label holder was stamped onto white cardstock, then 'Recipes' was stamped inside, which fits perfectly. I used some Jac paper on the back to adhere it to the front of the book.
This sample is nice and simple, but you could create more elaborate recipe books with other stamps, papers, ribbons etc. I think the Plaid Background stamp would look great as a background on the front of a recipe book too. Gives the whole 'picnic rug' feel to it!
Here's another little idea with the round label seals:
Ohh, I love these labels!! I stamped a bunch of them using various ColorBox Chalk inks then punched them out with a 2" circle punch.
Other ideas I have for this stamp set:
* The small label holder can be used on jars that are full of homemade treats such as jam, lollies, cookies etc. Just handwrite the contents in the label holder, cover the jar lid with some fabric and tie with a ribbon! Yummy!
* The large label holder can be used on envelopes to write addresses to send in the mail.
* The 'Ingredients' and 'Directions' stamps are designed for you to create your own recipe cards or pages. Just stamp them where needed and fill in the details!
* There's a few smaller words and a small heart for you to create smaller tags or labels.
* And some vintage Flour ephemera just for fun!!!
I'm so pleased to finally have this set available to you all! I can just smell the home cooking now :) How great would those large round labels be for little treats for school fetes and fairs?
To be entered intoday's giveaway, leave a comment here and tell us: what's the one thing you love to cook the most? Or what home baked treats do you love to eat? Awinner will be drawnrandomlyfrom today's comments... and will win a set of From The Kitchen Rubber Stamps!
Winnerswillbe announced on 16th March 2010. There will be a different prizeeach day and your comments are only valid for that days drawing. So formore chances of winning a prize, check back each day and leave acomment to be in each draw!!!
Unlock the artist within!