Garden Fairy Couture with the Floral Background Stamp

Darkroom Door - Sunday, January 10, 2010

GardenFairyCouture_1
 

Sarah Schwerin created this wonderful project using the following supplies:

* Darkroom Door Floral Background stamp
* Darkroom Door Butterflies stamp set
* COllections dress form and bodice
* Opals UTEE - Fernglade
* Gold metallic rub-ons
* Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Peeled Paint, Broken China, Walnut Stain, Brushed Corduroy, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo.
* Tim Holtz Distress Crackle paint - Walnut Stain
* Gauze
* Ball Chain
* Verdegris embossing powder
* Distress Stickles - Rock Candy
* Gel Medium
* Twig
* Stazon Timber Brown
* Double sided foam mounting tape.
* Opalites Ink - Arctic Emerald
* Beads
* Glossy Accents

GardenFairyCouture_2
 

Instructions from Sarah:

* I created the background using white cardstock, and inking with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo distress inks using a non-stick craft sheet. I stamped the DD floral background onto the paper using Timber Brown Stazon ink.

* For the wings, I created a background using a non stick craft mat with Peeled Paint and Broken China distress inks. I then stamped the DD butterfly with Brushed Corduroy ink, heat set, and cut out with Tim Holtz fine tipped scissors.

* I created the bodice by first inking it with Brushed Corduroy ink. I then covered it with Versmark ink and built up three layers of Fernglade UTEE, and stamped the DD Floral Background stamp (covered in Timber Brown Stazon) into it while it was still hot. I waited for it to cool, and then lifted it off to reveal the texture. I accentuated the features using gold metallic rub-on.

* The skirt is made up of pieces of gauze that I dyed using Peeled Paint, Broken China, and Walnut Stain Distress Inks. I did this by using a zip lock bag, and rubbing the ink pads on the inside of the bag and spraying in some water using a mini mister. I then put the gauze strips in the bag, and rubbed them around until they were covered in colour. I dried them off with a heat tool. I attached them in layers to the bottom of the dress form using Gel Medium. For added sparkle, I swiped on a small amount of Rock Candy Distress Stickles.

* The dress form was inked with dark brown ink, and then I rubbed some Opalites Arctic Emerald ink over it to make it shine.

* The belt and necklace were cut from a metal ball chain (found in office supplies stores) and attached using Glossy Accents.

* The inside frame was inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink, and coated with a think layer of Walnut Stain Distress Crackle Paint. The outer frame was coloured using an assortment of blight and dark brown distress inks, and I randomly swiped it with versamark ink and embossed with Verdigris embossing powder to create a moss-like effect.

* A twig from my garden was added at the bottom as a stand for the dress form. The whole piece was mounted inside the shadow box frame using double sided foam mounting tape. Green beads were adhered to the outside of the glass using Glossy Accents.

Check out the gorgeous detail:

GardenFairyCouture_3

Isn't she fabulous!!! Thanks Sarah!




Comments

shirley henry commented on 04-Jan-2014 08:16 AM
This is just GEORGEOUS Sarah!Love the colours and all the fine details.

Post a Comment

Captcha Image