Hi stampers! We have lots of projects to share with you today using the Polka Dots Texture Stamp
! This is such a fun stamp and looks great as backgrounds for cards or adding layers and texture to art journals and more!
Here's a card by Rachel Greig:
1. Stamp Polka Dot Texture Stamp onto white cardstock using Saffron Archival Ink Pad. Stamp 'hello' from Bright Blossoms Vol 1 Rubber Stamp set over the top using Jet Black Archival Ink Pad. Distress the edges with a paper distresser. Adhere to mustard cardstok. Distress edges of mustard cardstock and attach a paperclip to the top and bottom for decoration.
2. Stamp flower twice from Bold Blossoms Stamp Set onto blue cardstock using Jet Black Archival Ink Pad. Distress edges using a paper distresser. Adhere to folded mustard card.
3. Adhere stamped Polka Dot panel to from of card with 3D foam adhesive to complete!
Godelieve Tijskens has created two vibrant cards using the Polka Dots Texture Stamp:
1. On smooth watercolor paper I swiped Distress Inkpads Ripe Persimmon and Peacock Feathers
2. The Polka Dots Texture stamp was stampen on top, using gesso
3. The paper was cut to size and glued onto a black card
4. The Daisy and sentiment were stamped with black Archival ink, cut out and glued onto the colorful panel.
1. The Polka Dots Texture stamp was first stamped with Distress Paint Vintage Photo on kraft cardstock
2. Broken China and Antique Line Paint were used to stamp the second and third layer.
3. The image and wordstrip on this card are from the Sweet Treats Collection.
4. The card was embellished with a leather ribbon and messy stitching.
Susie Campbell has two mixed media art journal pages to share incorporating the Polka Dots Texture Stamp:
1. Firstly gather together a variety of neutral coloured papers along with a pretty floral. Then add a small image to use as a focal point (I used a butterfly postage stamp), a paper doily, fabric scraps including sheer organza, leather, buttons and calendar washi tape to your collection.
2. Stamp Polka Dots Texture Stamp onto a small panel of vintage paper using taupe coloured ink. Use a variety of papers and the stamped panel to compose the first layer of work. Affix some panels with glue stick and others with washi tape. Stamp Polka Dots in another section of the work (I did a second generation stamp to give a faded appearance).
3. Add other layers of paper if required and add machine stitching using a complimentary coloured thread. I used circular motions of sticking to tie in with the Polka Dots stamp and doily.
4. Stamp quote from Darkroom Doors Enjoy Life stamp set onto doily and gently heat set the ink. Affix small focal image to doily, along with fabric scraps, lace and a button to embellish the doily and add to work. Embellish the rest of the work with a leather heart, button and lace.
1. Stamp the Polka Dots Texture Stamp three times - first, second and third generation stamping on the lower section of vintage paper panel to add a variation in depth of colour. I used paper from an encyclopedia.
2. Find a black and white image of a person, trim it so that their eyes are the focal point. Position this in place and stamp the Top Hat from the Steampunk Stamp Set above it. Add a thin layer of white paint just below the face, when dry stamp the airship from the same stamp set. Add a touch of taupe paint to help blend the paint to the colour of vintage paper.
3. Stamp the New York sign (Steampunk stamp set) on plain vintage panel, trim to size and affix to work.
4. Layer work onto another piece of torn vintage paper, torn black scrapbooking paper and a thin layer of card (small than the other panels - to add strength to layers in preparation for machine stitching). I added Archival Vermillion Ink Pad to the torn black scrapbooking panel for contrast of colour.
5. Add matching stitching to frame and make connections between the elements on the page.
6. Stamp 31 from Steampunk Stamp Set using Vermillion ink, trim to size and add to work. Affix postage stamp to the lower section of work. Layer work onto sheet music, encyclopedia paper and cream card. Stamp 'exploration', 'adventure' and 'small cog' from Steampunk Stamp Set twice to complete work.
Darkroom Door Polka Dots Texture Stamp
Darkroom Door Bright Blossoms Vol 1 Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Bold Blossoms Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Happy Birthday Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Enjoy Life Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Steampunk Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Daisy Eclectic Stamp
Darkroom Door Sweet Treats Vol 1 Filmstrips
Darkroom Door Sweet Treats Wordstrips
Archival Ink Pads: Jet Black, Saffron, Vermillion
Distress Inkpads: Ripe Persimmon, Peacock Feathers
Distress Paint: Vintage Photo, Broken China & Antique Linen
Distress Marker Black Soot
Gesso Talens Amsterdam
Tonic Paper Distresser
Collage Glue Stick
Buttons, Lace, Postage Stamp, Fabric Scraps, Washi Tape
Thanks for stopping by the blog today!