A few days ago I went to create a set of ATC's using Distress Inks for the background. I was going to just choose two or three colours of ink, and then create the same coloured background for 9 ATC's, and send them out to 9 different people.
However, it's school holidays and when the kids saw the Distress Inks on the table, they knew it was time to pounce! They're like bees to honey when anything inky comes out and they KNOW these inks are a lot of fun. So instead of me choosing the inks, I asked them to choose the ink colours. For each ATC background Ethan chose one ink, Zoë chose the other. So the combinations were pretty random and often not ones I had tried before. I'm really impressed with the results!
Top Row (left to right):
1. Dusty Concord (need re-inking) & Peeled Paint (also needs re-inking!) I use this combo quite often, but never seen it this light. However the kids were also doing the water spritzing and they like to spritz a LOT! The whole kitchen gets a spritz. Even inside their mouth! funny kids.
2. Aged Mahogony & Vintage Photo
3. Brushed Corduroy & Worn Lipstick
Middle Row (left to right):
1. Faded Jeans & Mustard Seed
2. Dusty Concord & Spiced Marmalade
3. Mustard Seed & Pine Needles. I have to say, I have rarely used these two inks, and never together, and I really loved how it turned out.
Bottom Row (left to right):
1. Peeled Paint & Vintage Photo
2. Broken China & Dusty Concord
3. Peeled Paint & Spiced Marmalade
All edges on the ATC's were sponged lightly with Vintage Photo too.
Stamps used: Full Bloom Vol 1 (flower), and Wildflower (word)
Hope this may inspire you to get out the Distress Inks and try a few new combinations!